PDA

View Full Version : thailand aviation

bisaya
3rd Dec 2002, 08:12
is there any charter or flight school operation in thailand? how is GA there? any major concerns?

kwaiyai
3rd Dec 2002, 10:11
Hi bisaya,
Sent you a private message hope it helps.
Cheers:cool:

KingAir
7th Dec 2002, 13:50
Hi Bisaya.

Don't mean to hijack your thread but how's the airline scene over in the Philippines? Just checking things over. I'm Canadian, born in the Philippines and currently flying a turboprop in Ontario. I'm looking for the next move. Maraming Salamat.

MEGAMAN
7th Dec 2002, 14:50
Hi King Air

can you tell me about flying job in Canada, I am current in B744 as F/O the company where I work can't expanding due the heavy debt and false management and low mentality of all the manager, and I don't want to rusty as F/O, so I trying to get move

Many thank's:)

KingAir
10th Dec 2002, 16:20
Hi Megaman.

The aviation industry in Canada has been at a standstill in terms of jobs. There has been a hiring trickle here and there throughout the year but no where near the "boom" of a couple of years ago. Air Canada Jazz, Air Canada's regional airline has identify a surplus upwards of 100 pilots. Whether that would really transform to layoffs is unknown to anyone except the management there. Laid off pilots from the defunct Canada 3000 are still lurking and looking for airline jobs. Some have gotten on with Skyservice and Westjet but I have heard there are still many more in the job market. First Air will start phasing out their 727s. There is a glimmer of hope however that the industry is starting a bit of an upturn...Westjet has reduced their minimums to 4000 total hours (down from 5000) and there is word that Air Canada may start hiring next year (there was also a rumour this time last year but nothing happened). There are a couple of startups this year, HMY Airways (or Airlines I'm not sure) and Zoom. So, everyone right now is in a holding pattern. We are all expecting to be where we are right now for at least another 1.5 years. Sorry to be a bearer of bad news but there are too many pilots right now vying for too few jobs. You look like you may have good experience on heavies. I would look into HMY...there was talk of them getting a '47 classic for some charter runs.

What company do you work for? Maybe we can switch jobs. :^D

Cheers

bisaya
11th Dec 2002, 09:32
King AIR, chek your private msgs...