PDA

View Full Version : DHL Air question

tin can driver
2nd Dec 2002, 19:27
Iam currently considering the option of working for DHL Air, but it has brought to my attention that all is not well in the camp.
I have heard mutterings of moral being dented by senior management having spies both in the cockpit and in the office.
Could anyone confirm / deny

threestable
3rd Dec 2002, 01:55
Well, if you're 'considering', can we presume you have a place already, and if so, you are informed and know the answer. However if you are 'considering' applying, get accepted and THEN 'consider' the politics. Can't quite work out your post. Their doors at the moment are effectively closed. You have ex colleagues, or you are on the circuit; in either case you know, or if these do not apply, you won't. ;)
FWIW no complaints ref. your concern. Just another co. with the usual rumours and speculation. Possible dubious characters, but where isn't there. When all is said and done still qualifies for the '...frieght, best kept secret' viewpoint.
:D

parcel
4th Dec 2002, 07:28
No spies - very open atmosphere and the best Chief Pilot in the business. Excellent prospects for command and straightforward training. Flying is fun, short sectors, no slots.
Rostering a problem but it will have to be sorted sometime soon and alternatives are being considered. At present, rosters cover ten days or so and you can end up working 5 on 2 off for a month, while colleagues are swanning it. A computerised system is used but it does not seem to be entirely suited to the pattern of work, which is not stabilised yet: aeroplanes arriving every month and late changes make it impossible to produce rosters for a month at a time.
Good luck!

tailscrape
4th Dec 2002, 09:12
Parcel's post sums it up about right. Could be better,could be worse.

Have to sort out the pension though.......not too clever at the minute, but they know that.

If you have been offered it, I would accept. I asked a question like yours on here a few months ago before I joined. I got flamed..... but glad I joined now.

Hap Hazard
4th Dec 2002, 14:22
Tin Can, I would give anything to be seriously considered for a job with DHL, but if you are not type rated forget it.
At least it sounds like you have a choice.....please dont take this the wrong way as I am not haveing a go at you, I m just envious!