PDA

View Full Version : HELP !! - London Guildhall vs Oxford

spitfire747
8th Jan 2002, 17:05
Hello Again Wannabes

I need HELP

Which is better, the £2,000+ ATPL Groundschool course from London Guildhall Uni or the £5,000+ cost for the course at Oxford.

I know there is living expenses ontop and i know this has probably been done to death, so ANY help much appreciated.

spitfire747
9th Jan 2002, 02:28
Someone must have some sort or opinion

FatFlyer
9th Jan 2002, 18:52
Did them at guildhall last year, only dropped one, oxford notes look better and they get more feedback questions from students.
if money is no object, then i would probably choose oxford though it is quite possible to pass them all first time at guildhall which a few in our group did.

sam white
9th Jan 2002, 22:56
I am at Guildhall. oxford notes pretty, feedback maybe marginally better. We have ex oxford instructors. I got 6/8, but then the pub accross the road got the better of me! oops!!!

The Jinx
10th Jan 2002, 03:59
I did both Oxford in 1998 and Guildhall in 1999.

At that time, it seemed OATS was only interrested in the students money. They couldn't care less about modulars. If you weren't CAP 509, or BA Cadets, forget it. Their notes were crap at the time.
Went after that to London Guildhall, where I met lecturers concerned about their ability to teach, rather than the RAF ex-navigators talking crap in order to be able to afford a pint I met in Oxford.

True, Guildhall doesn't shine as much as OATS.
But the quality of the lectures is so much better.
I did not fail one exam there out of 10 I sat.

Now, it was few years ago, but still, I recommend Guildhall, especially if you can buy OATS notes from Transair Pilot Shop down the road, or even borrow them.

Good Luck.

A Very Civil Pilot
14th Jan 2002, 21:58
Pass exams @ LGU and put the saved money towards some flying

MorningGlory
15th Jan 2002, 01:14
They're both approved and well run schools. It comes down to YOUR ability, effort, and determination to succeed at the end of the day.

Best of luck pal.

[ 14 January 2002: Message edited by: MorningGlory ]</p>

spitfire747
15th Jan 2002, 01:16
Everyone Thanks alot for your replies

The next hurdle is finding a place on a course that starts before September 2002 !

Good luck to everyone, hope to see you in the sky one day (not literaly as that would be a near miss !!)