PDA

View Full Version : Beta Testers Needed

Ridley
1st Dec 2002, 21:19
Hey everyone, this is Ridley from the Open Skies forum.
I've been working with Marcus over at the International Pilots Group on a new project. (He's the guy who redid the home page for PPRuNe)

He's been working on a side project for the past year for Appointment or Time based businesses (it was a personal project for his friends but Danny and I suggested to turn it into a real one)

What he's looking for are 25-30 beta testers, who run appointment/timed based businesses (flight sim trainers, consultants, private trainers, private pilots, etc) or anyone who sells or rents time blocks for anything.

The system he's created is quite powerful, but extremely easy to use. It handles all client information, bookings, accounting (taxes, types of appointments or bookings, etc), reminders, full client communication with/without email, online booking (soon) for your clients in a secure environment and lastly it handles all time based requirements in a daytimer type fashion, that easy to understand for your whole day, week or month at a single glance.

This testing is no charge, and has been in use for over a year, (so he's not planning on ever taking it offline) as long as everyone is willing to give feedback on what they'd like to see, what worked, what didn't, what kind of pricing clients should be charged, what if any, the end visitor should be charged, etc.

If your interested, please email myself at [email protected] or contact Marcus himself at [email protected]

Give a little background on why you feel you'd be good for the beta test.

under_exposed
2nd Dec 2002, 09:31
Beta testing - to trust ones data, livelihood and sanity to an untested piece of software. They used to beta test volcanos with virgins.

Ridley
2nd Dec 2002, 15:49
Actually untested is a little overdramatic.
It's currently being used by a Chiropractor, a Nutritionist and a Cleaning Company.

And since their relations, I'm sure he's even made twice as sure their data is safe.

Beta testing is always scary, that's probably why its free. It's the level of scary that makes it either worthwhile or not. It's scary because you may not use all the features or figure out how to use it best or their may be bugs, but not because your data isn't safe, or you'll lose your sanity.

Although I like the drama of it all, you've given it a coronation street feel.