PDA

View Full Version : Why BA 219 cancelled 2 days in a row?

ex jump pilot
1st Dec 2002, 11:36
Seems that no explanation exists from obvious company source. Worries me as I'm due to fly on it v. soon and the implications of cancellation are a complication I could do without. Anyone have info (don't think it's weather or 'plane shortage) :(

World Traveller
1st Dec 2002, 11:55
Lack of demand due to Thanksgiving?

That said, where does BA219 go?

WT

PAXboy
2nd Dec 2002, 09:10
LHR ~ DEN
dpt LHR 18:25 for Denver Colorado, listing states that it will be operated by 777.

seacue
2nd Dec 2002, 11:47
Look in "Reporting Points" for BA towing mishap at LHR for a possible explanation.

bealine
2nd Dec 2002, 15:10
Whatever the "Official" line, don't you think it's rather co-incidental that it seems to be always our old Gatwick routes that Heathrow screw up!

Last month it was the Phoenix that was cancelled twice

This month it's the Denver

Our old Lagos route has been mishandled since the day it was transferred - it lands on time but takes 2 hours to taxi into a "coaching" stand! Rumour control has it that Virgin are moving their Lagos route from Heathrow TO Gatwick!!! Nice One Sir Richard - youi'll cop all our dusgruntled customers!

BA - the only airline with a Boardroom full of competitors!!!

:mad:

Hartington
2nd Dec 2002, 17:12
I think the 777 went tech in Denver.

Gonzo
3rd Dec 2002, 14:50
Bealine,

"it lands on time but takes 2 hours to taxi into a "coaching" stand"

That's no surprise if you come to LHR and see how many flights are trying to operate from T4. Talk about quart into a pint pot!

Gonzo.

newswatcher
3rd Dec 2002, 15:01
3 Dec:

BA218 DEN-LHR arr 8 mins early(12:27hrs)
BA219 LHR-DEN dep 8 mins late(15:33hrs)

Just try not to be on-board when they start re-fuelling!!

ex jump pilot
5th Dec 2002, 21:04
Did wonder about the technical bit - the incoming flight from Denver on the 1st day's cancellation was about 4 hrs late. The"apparent" shunt may also have had an effect. I asked someone who had BABS access about the 1st day and that's why I learned about the 2nd day. There were 244 pax listed for cattle class for the 3rd day for 185 seats but no explanation...:(

atco-matic
6th Dec 2002, 19:41
Well I heard a rumour from a very good friend and reliable source at BA that more flights will be cancelled in the near future, as BA have sacked too many cabin crew and now don't have enough to operate all their flights... anybody else know if this is true?

bealine
6th Dec 2002, 21:27
Definitely NOT true (the sacking of cabin crew, I mean!)

There is a shortage of Long Haul Cabin Crew due to moving LGW flights to LHR without moving an equal and proportionate number of crew, however!

Bealine also believes in a conspiracy theory regarding the Long Haul flights that used to be at LGW - I believe someone at British Airways wants these routes to fail to give them the excuse to axe them altogether!

Why else would BA deliberately screw up the handling of ALL of our old routes (of which we were justifiably proud!) by taking them into an already clogged Terminal 4?.........and then, to add insult to injury, they're going to take more aay from us next year!!! (Caracas / Bogota)

The BA management team will laugh on the other side of their smug little faces when Gatwick's growth gets the go-ahead and BA and One-World fail to get exclusive rights to T5!!!:mad:

I only hope my shares don't become worthless :(