PDA

View Full Version : Prep Interview Book?

Sheep Guts
30th Nov 2002, 21:02
Hello, I think this question has been done to death. I have done a search with no joy . Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of "Preparing for the Cathay Pacific Interview" I am in the Carribean at the moment, I can get to Canada if need be. Is there a website?

Regards
Sheep

penguin
30th Nov 2002, 21:07
In YYZ, there is a pilot supply shop right next to a place where naked girls dance on your lap. I forgot the name of the shop but remember the name of the strip joint. It's called "The Landing Strip".

Sheep Guts
30th Nov 2002, 21:19
Penguin thanks, if I get to Toronto Ill look it up if you know what I mean:p

Regards
Sheep

PCav8or
1st Dec 2002, 17:48
Hey Sheep

Here's the web page for the store in CYYZ. Take a gander. You might find what you're looking for.

http://www.aviationworld.net/about/Default.asp?c=14725

Good luck.

typhoonpilot
1st Dec 2002, 22:46
Sheep:

You might also try Transair pilot shop in the U.K. They had the book a few months ago. I didn't buy that one, I bought one for another airline. Rather expensive, but worth it.

Typhoonpilot

Sheep Guts
2nd Dec 2002, 00:13
Thanks PCAV8or,
Had a look, its $33.50Cad not bad considreing in Oz I saw it for $89.00AUD !!!!in a shop at YBAF. If I get to the UK Ill try Transair, thanksTyphoonpilot.

:)
regards
Sheep

Cpt. Underpants
2nd Dec 2002, 00:14
The book is dated and inaccurate. You're throwing away your money on garbage. The three indivduals who compiled the information did so in 1995/6 and a LOT has changed since. You may also want to reconsider since NONE of the three were ever hired by Cathay.

Sheep Guts
2nd Dec 2002, 00:31
Capt. Underwear,
If you know of, or have an alternative, please advise? All info considered thanks in advance.

Sheep:)

fullforward
2nd Dec 2002, 00:31
Congrats, Underpants!
It is absolutely true the american saying that suckers are born by the minute...

SuPeRcHaRgEd
2nd Dec 2002, 01:10
Sheep Guts,

I have been looking for a copy of that book for myself, just found it for some $30 bucks AUD cheaper at http://www.aviationshop.com.au/concept/
I hope this helps.

Cpt. Underpants
2nd Dec 2002, 01:46
Guts, please PM me or turn on your PM function if you want info.

Cheers

Y-Fronts

fire wall
2nd Dec 2002, 02:40
shame they did not get the job, but what is the relevance. The guy who wrote the difinitive account of the Appollo moon program was not an astronaut.....just took the time to speak to people and collate data. Every question I was asked was in that book (some time ago) so get it and Handling the big jets. Get both of those into the grey matter and you will have no problems with the tech side of things.

Sheep Guts
2nd Dec 2002, 02:42
Undies,
My PM function is activated, go for it hit me mon!

Regards
Sheep

jungly
2nd Dec 2002, 03:39
Mr Underpants I think you maybe in err?? (Dont quote me on that)

The 95/96 book is indeed out of date...many questions ref Tristars etc but I saw a copy recently (something like Edition X1?) and it was full of 744 and Airbus tech.

I dont know if it included the new recruiting 'group exercise'.

Anyway lads/ladies: check a copy out before you buy it. thats what I wanted to say!

Cpt. Underpants
2nd Dec 2002, 12:18
jungly, 744 entered service with CX in 1989 and Le Boos Plastique in 1995 (A340) and 1997 (A330).

Without "giving away" too much, I know the authors never made it into CX. Do as I say, not as I do? Anyway, it's a free world, do as you please but caveat emptor

Maybe I should write my own?

eaglejet
4th Dec 2002, 02:05
"Le Boos Plastique"?: what does it mean???

Cpt. Underpants
4th Dec 2002, 03:30
Just being a little sarcastic, is all.

The 'Bus (pronounced "Boos" en Francaise ) is a little "soft" when compared to Seattle's finest.

reliefer
5th Dec 2002, 05:04
now chicago, not seattle.

Plastique
5th Dec 2002, 07:08
In fact do not confuse la petite plastique (a320 Family) with la grande plastique (A330/A340). La plastique longue has arrived too just to confuse the issue..

jumpingdoc
6th Dec 2002, 03:35
As such, don't expect to tell you everything, however, I just interviewed a couple of months ago and found the interview prep. book and Handling the Big Jets outstanding.
The vast majority of questions can be answered correctly based on those STUDY GUIDES.
Money well spent, but it will not substitute for poor aviation knowledge in general subjects and common sense.
Good luck!

Clowndown
7th Dec 2002, 17:21
I found the book titled "How to prepare for your Cathay Interview" (I found it online out of Toronto) but were did you find the "Handling the big jets book"?

fire wall
7th Dec 2002, 19:24
Handling the big Jets
ISBN 0 903083 01 9
Try amazon
It is dated in areas but still a great sleeping pill/read
Distributor in the states/canada is:
Pan American Navigation Servive Inc
PO Box 9046
Van Nuys
Cal. 91409