PDA

View Full Version : BA & Hayfever

UniformJuliet
2nd Feb 2001, 16:08
Hi All,
Does anyone know what the BA position is with HayFever? I'm going through the selection process and haven't been explicitly asked up to now. There was a question about "conditions affecting you in a pressure environment" with the initial application form.

I get mild/moderate hayfever in May/Jun which is treatable on most days by either spray or antihistamine. I want to be honest about this with them. Am I going to get a flat rejection back? I passed a class one a few years back having said I had hayfever, however I understand BA are stricter than class one.

I don't want to cover it up and then get in to big trouble if I get through!

Any advice on what I should do? Thanks
UJ

EGPFlyer
3rd Feb 2001, 01:35
Hi UJ,
Dont worry about it. I put it on my medical questionnaire and still got taken for the FB so i dont think it is an issue.

Sick Squid
3rd Feb 2001, 03:41
I've got it, mate, BA know and they've given me several of the toys in the box to play with over the years. As long as it's fully controlled using one of the approved drugs (they change, I've a grandfather clause on one of the older ones!) and the symptoms are mild at the worst you should be ok.

May I suggest a search through the medical forum on here? I recall some previous threads rearing their heads on this subject.

Good luck!

Sick Squid

------------------
Poacher turned Gamekeeper...

The Hooded Claw
3rd Feb 2001, 17:41
I get it too, and it seems to have got worse over the last few years. In fact I didn't get it at all until about 10 years ago.

The usual non prescription stuff keeps it under control for most of the time, but on one or two days it gets really bad. Fortunately it hasn't conflicted with a duty yet, but if it did, I think I would have to go sick. Not a problem really as long as it doesn't happen too often - lets face it, you can take a week off for a common cold!

My advice to you is go for it. Just make sure your medical is not during the summer.

UniformJuliet
3rd Feb 2001, 21:39
Thanks very much for the advice guys. I'm very relieved!

Only (!) the second stage selection to get through now (!!!).