PDA

View Full Version : Virgin interview!

CR31
29th Nov 2002, 11:42
Hi there

I have an interview with Virgin in January and obviously you hear bits and pieces about the selection criteria etc. I worked for EK for 3 years and I have been told that Virgin like to recruit staff with no previous experience as they like to teach them the 'Virgin way', would this be true? also, the fact that I am brunette and 31!!! would this be held against me???!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Disko Biscuit
29th Nov 2002, 13:08
Now I'm worried.......I only got sent my application form for Virgin on Monday.

I won't have a chance to send it back til next Monday as I'm trying to get a half decent 'full length' mugshot together.

Have I missed the boat already? :(

Sorry.....well done for getting the interview by the way :)

High as a Kite
29th Nov 2002, 21:54
CR31,

Do not worry!

We have plenty of crew who used to fly for other airlines so that won't be held against you. Neither will the fact that you are 31 and a brunette. The age limit has been increasing steadily for the last few years (it was 28 in 1999 and now it is 33) and the days of just hiring pretty blondes are well and truly in the past!!

Good luck with your interview. :D

Disko Biscuit,

As far as I know the recruitment is ongoing. We are currently running a new training course every week.

Get that mughot asap and send in your form!!!!

Best of luck.

Southend Geeza
30th Nov 2002, 11:54
Hi,

I have also just received my app form for Virgin. I hav'nt filled it in yet, because i was wondering if i would be wasting my time because i am a Brunette.

High As A Kite, You say the days of hiring Blondes are over, So can you tell me why, on board the aircraft, you are now selling Virgin Sindy dolls who are, guess what..... Blonde!! :(

Remmington
30th Nov 2002, 13:39
Has RB lost his desire for blonds?

High as a Kite
30th Nov 2002, 20:05
I actually said the days of just hiring pretty blondes are well and truly in the past.

The reason we sell a blonde Sindy doll onboard is because Sindy is blonde!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Alpha Charlie Bravo
2nd Dec 2002, 06:39
CR31

The fact that your greatest concern vis a vis the DJ interview is not whether your targeted selection interview techniques are rehearsed and polished and your relevant documentation is current and squared away but rather that you are a brunette and 31 yo should be setting some alarm bells off already!

Do yourself a favour and think long and hard about where you want to be in 5 to 10 years time. If your professional background is with EK, I fear you may be in for a rude shock. Do the words 'amateur hour' mean anything.

Ask yourself this question - 'Why did a large share of DJ crew apply for the current recruitment with QF?'

Food for thought!:confused:

CR31

My apologies, I've just realised you are referring to Virgin Atlantic of which I know absolutely nothing about. I assumed you were referring to Virgin Blue (DJ), the Australian equivalent.

However, if you still want to go and work for Sir Richard (I'm here to see the common folk get a better deal and it's got nothing to do with making me rich) Branson then, hey, who am I to argue?

Cheers:D :D :D