PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATPL

Flying Mechanic
7th Jan 2002, 22:37
Doe anyone have any experiences of ALL ATPS in the USA.Also does anyone know whats involved in the ATPL flight test?Be interested in any info/views

slim_slag
8th Jan 2002, 00:59
<a href="http://av-info.faa.gov/data/practicalteststandard/faa-s-8081-5d.pdf" target="_blank">FAA ATP Practical Test Standards</a>

Matthewjharvey
8th Jan 2002, 13:45
FM, the school you refer to had a good reputation. I know a couple of people who went to the Manassas, VA location and they both enjoyed it and completed the CPL pretty quickly. They use PA44's for their training.

With regards to the ATP flight test - 4 instrument approaches are required, 2 precision (1 single engine) and 2 non-precision approaches.
An EFATO will be given (watch this the tolerance is +/- 5 degrees), a hold is required (possibly while shutting down an engine). General handling involves steep turns ans stalls (IF conditions) and you will probably get at least 1 full missed approach procedure and at least one circle to land single engine.

Hope this helps.

P.S if you already meet ATP requirements and have the written complete, suggest you call Action Multi-Ratings in Groton, CT. You will be able to complete the ATP there in a couple of days or so.

Good luck.

Flying Mechanic
8th Jan 2002, 17:27
Greaser and Slag,
Much apprecited for you info and help.
Safe flying.

smallwing
16th Mar 2002, 11:10
Hey Greaser,. .. .Can you advice on more info on ALLATP? I have been looking at their site for quite some time now and the 90 day course is very attractive.. .. .Do they expect you to know the Commercial, Instrument and Multi basics first? How do they finish so fast? Is the 3 hrs citation time real time or sim?. .. .Hope anyone can shed some light on this topic for me. Thx

ronnie123
16th Mar 2002, 16:26
how good is their 2 day faa writtens program.. .do you have to make a flt plan or is that just for the check ride.

Flying Mechanic
17th Mar 2002, 17:44
Hi there small wing,. .I ended going to ALLATPS in Jan/Feb and did my FAA ATP.I would throughly recommend doing training with them,I met a few guys there doing the 90 day program and they seemed very happy with it.I am thinking about going back to do my CFI etc and will definately do it with them.. .Innteresting to see you live in HK,I spent 18 years there.......its agreat spot and I miss it alot!

Flying Mechanic
17th Mar 2002, 17:46
Small wing,. .the Citation time is real time aswell.

smallwing
17th Mar 2002, 19:47
Thx FM,. .. .Called them up last night, got more info...too bad no PIC time though. What do you log when you fly multi with someone that is not an instructor. In the past I have heard some charters hire PT 91 and fly 2 crew on small multis. As quoted, since the aircraft is certified to fly solo, a pilot cannot log SIC time in it.. .. .Thanks anyways, for that bit of info.. .. .Hong Kong is still good, but the jobless rate is going through the roof. I for one am.. .. .Cheers