PDA

View Full Version : Professional Training in Malaysia

PB4
28th Nov 2002, 03:44
Hi,

I'm gonna be in Singapore for a while, I've starting looking for a Professional flight school, seems like Malaysia don't have loads of aviation training going on...

The only one I found is Malaysian Flying Academy.. Any good ?
Is there any pilots here that have been trained overthere and can leave a short notice ? (the only polls I found was 2 years ago..)

Hourly rates are interresting, why is there no business ?

thanks for your answers !!

SuperRanger
28th Nov 2002, 06:57
PB,

i think most business of flying schools in this region depend mainly from regional airlines sending their cadets there for training. MFA like many others have either 'slowed-down' or closed altogether due to the downturn the last couple of years.

things have been picking up this year so i think MFA will still be around for next few years at least.

for more current info, i think it's best that you contact them directly.

SR

PB4
28th Nov 2002, 08:18
thanks for your reply,

that makes sense, but seems like asian airlines are just restricting cadet entry to "locals" so no chance for me...

anyway if I'm not able to make it trough the professional licence that will still be a great place for hour buiding isn't it ? and lots of pictures !!

kwaiyai
28th Nov 2002, 11:51
Hi PB4,
Check your private messages,
Regards.:cool:

Rhumb Line
29th Nov 2002, 13:53
Does anybody know if the Flight Training Academy would be looking for CAA kicenced fixed wing instructors?

rodondo4
30th Nov 2002, 02:43
Rhumb line,

If you are implying Malaysian FA, then I think a few weeks ago they had an advert out on fixed wing instructors in Flight International.

kwaiyai
30th Nov 2002, 16:18
Hi RhumbLine,
I Sent you a Private message hope it helps.

PB4 no probs and I will pass on info ASAP.

Regards.:cool:

combi pilot
4th Dec 2002, 04:28
PB4 if you're really serious abt taking up flying professionally, suggest you get it done in Australia. Unless you're training as a cadet pilot or MUST have training in Malaysia, you'll be better off in Oz.

Drop me a message on my email if you'd like some recommendations of schools over there. I was based in western australia, so I can suggest some of the schools operating at Jandakot Airport.

Cheers,
combi

malaysian eaglet
4th Dec 2002, 06:20
I am ground instructor at MFA.
We are currently training 4 batches for Malaysia Airlines and we are quite busy that is the reason we are recruiting more instructors. 2 are already joining us by next week: 2 JAR instructors (one british and one french), with a sound experience. We are in touch with several customer and probablywe will go JAR in a short while, in parallel with the classical CAP 509 syllabus from CAA international. A couple of months ago, we have also trained some singapore airlines CPL in order they get their ATPL.
The school is quite active currently.
For more details contact me
Gérard CHARLES
malaysian eaglet