PDA

View Full Version : time to close down?

newswatcher
27th Nov 2002, 12:25
Is there a general problem with the Board? I now can't do anything without an error message.

gas path
27th Nov 2002, 14:44
Nothing wrong here!!!!

timmcat
27th Nov 2002, 16:00
Yep, used the board on and off all day, everything shipshape and dandy here.

Tim

newswatcher
27th Nov 2002, 16:04
OK, well I'm getting a bulletin board error message nearly every time I try and post a new post, edit existing, or do search. Also on the boards themselves, the "last post" time is not being updated, even though there are new posts within a topic.

I feel yet another re-boot coming on!

.........but I managed to edit this ok!!

BRL
27th Nov 2002, 18:56
Newswatcher I had similar problems today as well. Your not alone.......

Cornish Jack
28th Nov 2002, 09:44
Newswatcher
Yes - all is not well in Ppruneland. My machine constantly refuses to load the editorial part of forum pages although the $*&!% adverts ALWAYS load OK. So far, I have managed to get them to appear by clicking in the (empty) scroll bar but it is an irritant. I am also having to access Pprune via I.E. rather than directly through my ISP (AOL). If I try to use AOL, the whole thing grinds to a halt with indications of pages loaded when they aren't and inability to post etc.
In spite of this, it's still worth it for the breadth of content but it would be nice if it worked as straightforwardly as other sites.

Ausatco
29th Nov 2002, 05:40
I have been on and off Pprune all day with no probs.

Cornish, half your problem is AOL. Do yourself a favour and ditch 'em.

Trouble is, they make so many proprietary changes to your OS that you just about have to format and reinstall to get rid of them.

good luck

AA