PDA

View Full Version : BA Selection tests for 2ndtime, need info

rossco18_uk
1st Feb 2001, 15:00
Hey every1,
It has been about 10 months since I last wrote anything on here. The last time was in April of 2000 before my Aptitude tests for BA. I was overjoyed at getting through the application form stage and quickly packed for London a while later. I didn't get through the tests though, however i never thought that I did. I know now how much I really have to prepare for the tests, and so i am going to feel much more confidant about tackling the tests. the only things is, i was wondering if they have changed the procedure in any way from last year. Also can every1 give me as much advice as possible on preparation for the verbal, maths and computer tests. Any info would be extremely helpful. What kind of questions are they asking in the maths tests now? Can any1 give me any good examples if they remember? I have been reading the information in the archives over the past year and I really do feel much mroe confident. Im currently in second year studying Aeronautical Engineering and thoroughly enjoying the course. However, the engineering part of the course, I do not enjoy. It's the pilot that i want to be. There is plenty of helpful information here on this site, but i need to know the kind of questions they are asking now, at this current moment. i haven't applied yet, but im going to soon and im thinking if i got in first time then i stand a good chance of this time, especially now that im actually working in the travel industry. Also when is it i can apply. I applied last year at the end of January 2000, but i went for my tests in May. Does that mean i cant reply tillMay or does it mean i cant apply until the date that i applied last year. Any information would be extremely helpful.
Good Luck to any1 who is on their way down there and hopefully i will be on my way soon. I was only 18 then im 19 now and feel much mroe confident in myself that i did last year, so I have my fingers crossed.
Thanx for taking the time to read this,
Cheers Rossco

Token Bird
1st Feb 2001, 15:10
I can't give you any advice about the tests as it's a year and a half since I last did them. Unfortunately, from what BA told me, you have to wait a full 12 months from your previous rejection before you can apply again. That's what I did, and I finally have my tests again on Monday 5th Feb. I passed last year but I'm feeling less confident about it this year - I even had a nasty nightmare about it last night!

Token Bird

and the chap said
1st Feb 2001, 15:33
G'day folks,

There seems to be a little confusion over whether it is 10 or 12 months. British Airways Recruitment said recently that you cannot re-apply if you have sat the Stage One tests in the last 10-12 months.

It is not unreasonable to assume then that if you took the tests in May then you will be eligible to ring them for an application form in March.

Perhaps BA TEP Recruitment would like to comment... :)

Best of luck,
ATCS

[This message has been edited by and the chap said (edited 01 February 2001).]

left outer, right inner
2nd Feb 2001, 01:32
Token Bird....

It looks like I might have to go out for a beer with you after the tests on monday, cos I will see you there!!!!

E-mail me if you want to try to hook up and identify eachother! I hope that your preparation is/has gone well, and that you are ready for the testing again. I think that I am ready for them, but you can never tell. The way I see it, you have GOT to be confident, otherwise you are doing yourself no favours at all :-)

All the best and see you bright and early and raring to go on monday morning.....

btw, leave extra time for the really bad monday morning traffic around heathrow at that time...I am leaving 2 hours for the journey that should take me no longer than 1/2 hour! It is better being really early than a bit late, and all flustered etc!

Cya there mate, and good luck for the day

LORI

Covboy
2nd Feb 2001, 02:45
Some information on the re-application timing. I applied to BA last September, had my aptitudes in November had my FB in January and failed. However when I phoned them up I was asked to reapply in October. Strange but true, they seemed to urge me to reapply, probably trying to make me feel better. This will be 12 months roughly after applying in the first place.

Good luck to those going to their aptitudes on Monday! wish I was going with you. Have to work out what to do to occupy myself for 9 months!!! sun sea sand.......... (pay off my debts)....

BAB2B
2nd Feb 2001, 02:58
Check out the recent rundown at:

www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Archives/Archive-000003/HTML/20001218-2-007415.html (http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Archives/Archive-000003/HTML/20001218-2-007415.html)

I used this as prep and sat the tests in Jan with no surprises at all, went exactly as the good Wannabee said! Glad to say I passed and am waiting on date for FB!