PDA

View Full Version : QLD Regional Airline Interview

Cessna Capt
27th Nov 2002, 10:17
G'day all,:D

Does anyone have some tips or have been through Macflite/M@c@ir cadet pilot interview process or any interview process with that airline.

Any aspect from questions asked to whats done in the flight test would be a help.

Cheers

CC
:cool:

RAM750
28th Nov 2002, 03:02
I thought about doing it late last year but decided it wasnt worth the fortune you'd spend on it. One of the problems I found was that unless you live in the area, the combined costs of the course and living expenses would exceed 110 K and you dont come out of it with any command hours. All the hours you get on the Turbo props are F/O time, which really doesnt help when ur out on the street after your 12 month contract with them expiers. But then again, 800 hours or so u do get with them is better than being unemployed with a fresh 150 hour CPL. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you have the cash and can justify the risk of being unemployed afterwards with a massive debt, then go for it. But dont think that your taking an easy road to an airline job. You'll probably be out in GA just like the rest of us straight after your 12 month with them. You gotta get those command hours somehow, and in the current aviation climate, I'm really not sure what ur chances are of getting a job out there. I was actually gonna post a similar topic, to see what ppl think but you beat me to it :) As for the selection process, From what I know about there last intake, they seem to have dropped their apptitue tests, and all you gotta do now is an interview and flight test. If you have specific questions about the interview, drop me a line on [email protected] and I'll try to give ya as much info as possible. The only think I'm gonna try and stress to ya, is go into this with your eyes wide open !!! and dont belive everything you read in the glamy adds. If its too good to be true it probably is. I hope more ppl out there can give ya some more advice about m@c@ir/macflite specially ppl with first hand info about what the quality of the training is like as I would be interested to hear about that too

Goodluck dude
hope u make the right choice

Dan Kelly
28th Nov 2002, 10:17
I would strongly recommend sound spelling and grammar on any job application.