PDA

View Full Version : Motel near Perth Int A/P?

Max Range
27th Nov 2002, 07:11
Can anyone give me the name of a motel very close to Perth Int Airport for brief overnight stop-over without lengthy taxi trip? Thanks

JetRacer
27th Nov 2002, 07:33
Max,

I know of one at the entrance to the Domestic Terminal, I think it is called The Maracoonda, or something similar.

I cant find it on yellowpages.com.au, maybe someone from Perth can give you the details.

Its still a bit of a hike from the International terminal, but they provide a free shuttle bus to pick you up and drop you off.

Cheers,

JetRacer

Max Range
27th Nov 2002, 20:30
Jet, thanks for replying. I'll actually be at the domestic terminal (but meant Perth Airport as distinct from Jandakot). Late arrival and very early departure the next morning so don't need to pay extra for spa, minibar, complimentary champagne etc as I won't be there long enough (i.e. doesn't need to be 5 star!)
Thanks, Max

Stiff Under Carriage
27th Nov 2002, 21:01
Max,

Jet is right it is called Marracoonda Perth Airport Motel, it lies on the road into the airport (Perth Domestic). I stayed there back in late Spetember, it cost me $70 for the basic room, there is no mini bar, spa, etc. It is extremely basic but OK for a one night stop. Beware though the room I stayed in had no clock or alarm clock. I thought that was pretty ordinary being an airport motel so just make sure your phone has one or something.

Their phone number and address is:

375 Great Eastern Hwy Redcliffe WA 6104
Ph: 1800 999 277

Hope this helps.

SU/C

Max Range
28th Nov 2002, 00:47
SUC,
You're a champion - thanks very much!
(My mobile phone has an alarm clock so I won't miss the flight.)
Cheers. Max

AnsettStar
28th Nov 2002, 10:51
Just FYI, the road into the Domestic is Brearly Ave. That motel is so close, it wouldn't matter if you woke up late - you could just about jog the k if you really had to! :D