PDA

View Full Version : Leads for 42-year old A320 captain

WISEMEN
27th Nov 2002, 02:42
I've got a couple of friends who are ex-Ansett captains who haven't been able to find anything at all. The first is an A320 captain who at age 42 has been told by many an airline that he is too old. Surely this isn't the case is it?

Other friend was a BAE-146 captain who had, just 9 months before AN's collapse transferred to the 737-300 - again no leads. If any of you could give me some info...I'd be appreciative

Cheers
WISEMEN

aluminum ovcst
30th Nov 2002, 15:23
Wisemen,

Have your friends looked into Qatar Airways? I believe they've got openings for A320 qualified people. Check the Flight International website. Best of luck.

ao

WISEMEN
3rd Dec 2002, 09:31
Thanks very much aluminium ovcst - I'll certainly pass that information on. Interestingly, the 42-year-old A320 captain has been told by Emirates that he is too old and too well-qualified to qualify which is interesting considering he most probably has another 18 years of service ahead of him!

Ghostflyer
3rd Dec 2002, 11:23
Wisemen,

That is not the case at all! The EK application system does not produce a too old and too experienced letter. The age limit is 48 and minimum experience is commensurate with his hours. There have been a number of older, high time guys recruited in the last year. The exact requirements are laid out below:

All applicants must satisfy the following list of requirements:

A minimum of 2500 hours total flying time
A minimum of 1000 hours multi-crew, multi-engined jet aircraft experience
ICAO ATPL
Applicants must be 48 years or younger
Experience commensurate with age
Type rated would be advantageous

I would find out the real story from your 'friend' because what you say he says simply does not add up.

Ghost