View Full Version : GLA-Charlotte/Philly

GustyOrange
26th Nov 2002, 08:52
Last night's Evening Times reported that US Airways will probably start a summer service from Glasgow to Charlotte or Phillidelphia from next May.

Apparently some senior guys from the airline were in Glasgow last week and were impressed with what they saw.

(I would imagine the full length parallel taxiways would have been very impressive):D :D :D

Gusty

GrahamK
26th Nov 2002, 09:11
Would be good news for Glasgow if true. Presumably they would use 767 a/c at first?

GustyOrange
26th Nov 2002, 09:14
I would imagine so, however no more info was provided.

You are correct, it would be great news.

Gusty

Joe Curry
26th Nov 2002, 14:06
>>Apparently some senior guys from the airline were in Glasgow last week and were impressed with what they saw.<<

This started as a rumour posted to the GLA newsgroup, was pounced on by the Evening Times and now its fact? :confused:

GustyOrange
26th Nov 2002, 14:30
Well BAA were quoted commenting favourably on the story, can we have your opinion on that Joe ?

BTW, please point us in the direction of the GLA newsgroup.

Gusty

Mark McG
26th Nov 2002, 14:46
Gusty,

follow the link at www.egpf.com

Young Paul
26th Nov 2002, 19:08
Hmm. 767 at first? Then a 757 when they realise that they have overcapacity, presumably ......

nef
26th Nov 2002, 20:30
I think the newsgroup that Mr Curry is referring to is in fact this one:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=alt.airports.uk.glasgow

One thing that people seem to have failed to pick up is that this service, should it indeed come to fruition, will be a seasonal, summer only service. I don't think a winter service would get anywhere near enough passengers, but I think that they will do fine over the summer.

Buggs Bunny
29th Nov 2002, 21:49
US ops ex MAN on daily A330 to PHL with ave load 80% in 3 class cabin.
Believe best route in europe. Fares and service V. good.

Would be good for the airline and GLA.

BB

Findo
4th Dec 2002, 12:21
Maybe the "senior guys from the airline" thought they were in Dublin !!!

Still there is to be a nice new Jenners department store to wait in for that next flight. ;)