PDA

View Full Version : Jobs @ TNT

failsafe
26th Nov 2002, 07:54
hello out there,

i just sent the application form to TNT in Liege but I actually dont know what I have to expect from this company, I couldnt get enough informations about this company. Maybe you can help me:

How is the selection going on?
(I have 1400 hrs and much cargo experience at DO228)

Who pays the type rating and where is the training?

How much do they pay?

How are the duty periods (off-days)?

Thank you very much for all your informations

Happy Landing fs

I Don't Work Here
26th Nov 2002, 08:31
I have many friends that are working for TNT Airways.. Also the CP and FOM and former colleagues of mine.. and I know directly from them that they are not hiring from the outside or even thinking of changing that policy until at least March, and even then that subject will only come up for review before they reconsider..

I am type rated on 2 types of TNT aircraft (Bae146, A300) with a combined total of greater than 4500HRS on those types alone … and I was not to bother until sometime in 2003.. :eek:

As for the selection process,,, look at this site and then go to “selection Procedure” you’ll find what you need there..

http://www.tnt-airways.be/framecockpit.htm

Cheers..
Good luck to you.

Clarence Oveur
26th Nov 2002, 17:11
Well IDWH, i don't know where you got your info from, but!!!.

TNTA is hiring from the outside, although only in very small numbers at the moment. As far as I know, a few have been hired for the Airbus. On the 146 I think it is at a standstill for the moment. For the 747 there is a fair amount of training going on. This will ofcourse trickle down to the other types, as people leave those for the Jumbo.
And then there is the arrival of the 737 next year. So.....

Failsafe, You will have to put up a 3 year bond in the form of a bank guarantee. All training is done in-house.
For the roster it varies a bit from type to type, but it's about the pattern of off/on days are quite good.
As for the salary, well TNTA is probably the best paying outfit in Belgium.

failsafe
30th Nov 2002, 08:22
well thanks for these first informations

i am now waiting for an answer from Liege.

Does anybody have heard what they do with you if they invite you for a selection?

many thanks fs

Dan Winterland
30th Nov 2002, 10:56
Was invited to send im an application some months ago. No reply despite having been 744 rated.

I Don't Work Here
1st Dec 2002, 08:07
well,, what they will do for you now Failsafe.. if you haven't already done so that is,, they will send you a form asking for further information.. (General Flight Crew Application).. and the HR department will keep in on file for 1 year.. they are not very receptive to phone calls..
when they get arround to recruiting,, they type into their system what they are looking for,, and the computer spits out the closes persons that meet the requirement..

sorted then..

don't hold your breath.. there's a huge data base,, and of course a few hundred Ex-Sabena guys are first up.. the Belgium Gov. will make sure of that.

Aerobatic Flyer
3rd Dec 2002, 11:22
Don't be under the mis-apprehension that a 737 type rating is of any use to TNT for the forseeable future.

BRISTOLRE
4th Dec 2002, 07:42
TNT havent sourced any aircraft yet. B737 will be a long term plan to add capcity to the network and maybe? replace older 146-200s.
They will probably source them via a 3rd party supplier e.g. Amerer Air or Cougar if they get hold of any.

Clarence Oveur
4th Dec 2002, 08:05
An agreement have been signed with GECAS.
Initially for two -300. But it is apparently a very flexible contract, that will allow a swap to -400 or even larger types.

The aircraft will be operated by TNT Airways.

DC8 loadie
5th Dec 2002, 16:10
any idea if their loadmasters are busy ? if so how many days on average do they work monthly ?.

JW411
6th Dec 2002, 08:26
BRISTOLRE:

I continue to be amazed at why it is that you continue to spout forth on TNT matters when you clearly have little knowledge of what you are talking about. You were quite wrong about the TNT 744 and now you have got it totally wrong with the forthcoming 733s. I have a good reliable TNT source and he agrees with the postings of Clarence Oveur who is obviously well-informed.

Let us look back to your posting on the GSS 747 thread:

Intruder told us that GSS were "currently wet leasing N491C from Atlas while awaiting its registry transfer to G-GSSB".

You leapt in with both feet and told him:

"N491MC NOT"

"N491MC is now OO-TJA for TNT Airways".

I was compelled to point out that, while that might have been the original plan at some point, OO-TJA was in fact ex-N494MC.

Now let us look at your treatise on the TNT 733s:

"TNT haven't sourced any aircraft yet"

Rubbish; I am reliably informed that the two aircraft were sourced some time ago. They are both early-model clockwork 733QCs which are currently parked in the desert. The first aircraft arrives in March and the crews for this aircraft (who will be direct entrants) have also already been sourced.

"B737 will be long term plan to add capacity to the network and maybe replace older 146-200s".

I am told that there are no plans in the foreseeable future to replace any 146s. For one thing, they are very quiet and that is a great asset at Liège (and many other places).

They might well add capacity to the network but has it ever occured to you that the 15-20 aircraft that TNT lease-in every night from other operators might need to be replaced at some time?

Indeed, has it ever occured to you that some of these leased-in aircraft are a hell of a lot noisier than a 733 and will have to go soon?

"They will probably source them via a 3rd party supplier e.g. Amerer Air or Cougar if they get hold of any".

More rubbish; the 733s are going to TNT Airways and will be Belgian-registered. That is not to say that they might not lease in somebody else's 733s in the future. (In fact, TNT already leases the Icelandair 733F).

I am given to believe that the big plot is to get 11 734Fs but, as yet, no one has obtained an approved design authority for a 734 freight conversion. Bedek in Israel are working on it but I don't think they have got an approval yet.

Have you ever seen the famous sign "Engage Brain Before Touching Keyboard"?

DC8 loadie:

I am given to believe that TNT only have 2 or 3 loadmasters. They are mainly used on special flights such as horse charters. Very few TNT aircraft carry a loadmaster.