PDA

View Full Version : CASA changes to Instructor Ratings

NOTAM
26th Nov 2002, 02:12
Have heard that CASA is proposing changes to the current Instructor Rating system to come in line with the ICAO system. This apparently will mean doing away with the present grade 3,2,1 system and replacing it with a single grade to which you can add different training approvals. :rolleyes: What is wrong with the present system? Does anyone know how likely these changes are to go ahead?

Sounds like CASA are short on things to do! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Icarus2001
26th Nov 2002, 04:16
Here is a link to the discussion papers...

http://www.casa.gov.au/avreg/newrules/casr/141.htm

Question: How do you make sure you always have a job?

Answer: Create an environment where you have to continually change and amend things.

Regardless of the question, CASA always seem to think the answer is change the rules.

QNIM
26th Nov 2002, 19:35
Lets leave things as they are, if it ain't broke don't fix it. cheers Q :D

thearrow
26th Nov 2002, 22:49
Hmmm. So this is what the 'Proposed Changes' letter my folks said they were forwarding to me is about.

Having flown in the US for the last few years on an FAA licence, they're clearly altering things so that they parallel the FAA Federal Aviation Regulations or FAR's, which marry up to the ICAO regs.

So my 'Special Licence' will become a PPL. I always thought it was a bit wacky that I had a licence that gave me all PPL privileges and the expiry was 'perpetual' while people who had got their PPL locally had an expiry date :rolleyes: Hopefully I won't need to travel halfway across the world to do some steep turns and a couple of circuits in a C172 for my license to continue though.

Can anyone comment about changes getting a Oz commercial licence based upon an FAA CPL? I can't find anything about that..

I Fly
26th Nov 2002, 23:00
thearrow, have you had a look at http://www.casa.gov.au/avreg/fcl_lic/overbr.htm

thearrow
26th Nov 2002, 23:18
Oh Sweeeeet... I just have to pass the Flight Rules & Air Law exam instead of *all* of the CPL exams to get my Oz CPL too. May as well do it when I pop home for a visit again. Although maybe I should wait for all the NAS changes to happen too :D