PDA

View Full Version : ANR Headsets - Any suggestions ??

661 KTAS
26th Nov 2002, 01:30
G'day people,

Ive just done nearly twelve months in an Islander and my DAME reckons Im going deaf ! - "What ?" - I occasionally use ear plugs under my 10-13.4's but find them quite uncomfortable - So I dont end up using them as much as I should.

Can anyone recommend a good noise cancelling headset ?? Ive seen a few different ones advertised and retro-fit kits for existing headsets at a variety of prices.....

Any suggestions ? What sort of noise attenuation should I be looking for ?

Thanks !!

Motor Plane Driver
27th Nov 2002, 07:41
Hi,
I have now had two pair of anr headsets, the first was a add on to my 13.4. It was very effective but found it to be not robust enough for example the connection to the battery box kept braking. So if you go for an add on make sure it is going to be strong enough.
I now have a pair of David Clark H10-13XL, to start with I had problems with the active noise canceling. DC had a design fault, they have now fixed it and they sent me a brand new headset.
I have been using it for about 4 months and haven't missed abeat.
This is a good robust unit, it also comes with a 5 year warranty.
Pacific Avionics ( Bankstown ) is the Australia DC warranty Repairer.
The only problem is that it takes 6 AA batteries that have to replaced on a semi regular basis.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

ArnhemDog
4th Dec 2002, 11:23
Get an ANR headset however you can, a mate showed me his the other day and it was awesome.

When I get some rupia I will by my own. The after market ones are fine, the aviation trader advertises them from memory.

Cheap if it saves ya hearing.