PDA

View Full Version : Success!!

Africansky
25th Nov 2002, 12:43
Yahooooooooooo just found out I am successful with Emirates!! Dubai here I come :D

I feel sooooo ecstatic!! First time F/A very excited. yipeeeee!!

Disko Biscuit
25th Nov 2002, 13:09
Excellent News - well done.

What was the interview/assessment like?:D

parajump
25th Nov 2002, 14:04
Well done, friend of mine is hoping to hear the same news today good luck to all those who are awaitng to hear. :D

flapsforty
25th Nov 2002, 14:19
Well done. http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/jump_clap.gifWelcome to clan Africansky!

Africansky
25th Nov 2002, 14:44
Thanks heaps, looking forward to joining all in UAE :D

The interview process was long and hard but fun. My advice to anyone wanting to join, just have fun on the day and make the most of it- I actually ended up enjoying it.

cyberkitty
25th Nov 2002, 18:50
Hey there, congrats!!! care to tell us more abt the interview for us wannabies here??? what is the topic that you need to write??? and how many applicants there?????:p :p

kenoco
25th Nov 2002, 19:01
hey excellent,well done,when did u get the majic phonecall??

Xenia
25th Nov 2002, 19:55
Well done Africansky :cool:

nickmelb
25th Nov 2002, 23:13
Africansky!

Well done...told you that u had nothing to worry about!

Good luck in DXB!

Lozza2002
26th Nov 2002, 00:48
Congratulations :D :D ;)

Africansky
26th Nov 2002, 09:04
I hope you've got lotsa patience CyberKitty, I first applied beginning of August and only found out Yesterday. Whew what a wait (especially when u want something so badly) but it was worth it
:)
There were 44 of us at the first interview which bubbled down to 8 in the end. They made us do group discussions (eg what challenges would u face living in Dubai)
When I first walked in there I thought that my chances were very slim coz half of the people there were already flying and it was my first ever F/A interview and everyone looked so immaculate. But as I said earlier, I ended up enjoyin the day and they obviously picked up on that.

Jewel
26th Nov 2002, 22:34
Well done! Hope you enjoy it. Let us know how you like Dubai. I have my interview next Wednesday and have to decide if i wanna go to Dubai...

Pam747
26th Nov 2002, 23:37
Congratulations Africansky:D , you're going to absolutely love it here, Dubai rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam XXX

nickmelb
27th Nov 2002, 00:24
hey pammy

did u enjoy melbs the other day with G?

nick
xxxxx

blue cheese
27th Nov 2002, 01:09
Congratulations African sky,

Have fun in dubai. by the way, how old are you? I am 23... i failed my interv with emirates early this month. I have to wait another 6 months. I am afraid I might be a little too old ... I feel age is catching up on me...

African sky,

hey, i am just curious, what's the chances for those candidates who attended the second interview? is everyone sucessful? or majority?

thanks

Africansky
27th Nov 2002, 08:31
Good luck for your interview Jewel, I'm sure you will be fine- just relax and smile :)

Don't worry about your age Blue Cheese, I am 26 in Jan (but still feel 18).
I'm not sure if all got through from the final interview. I keep in touch with 2 people, one has got through and is off to Dubai too, the other one has been waiting for 7 weeks and has still not heard anything (we heard after 4 weeks).

How long after the first flight can we choose our own routes??

flygirl28
27th Nov 2002, 20:52
Congratulations and welcome to Emirates. Youre going to love it. First roster pre decided by scheduling but you can bid on anything after that. Looking forward to seeing you in Dubai

Pam747
27th Nov 2002, 23:38
Oh Nick, long time, no hear!@#$%^&* How are you mate? I am fine, had the BEST time with Jojo in MEL. As soon as we got in, Jason came over to the hotel with a bottle of red bollie. After that, we got changed and went out clubbing. Had mackers at around 7.30am, before finally hitting the sack at about 9. Had to get up at 12 for lunch at the Mitrys. Was really tired, and slightly hung over, but never-the-less, had a ball! G and myself flying together again in December. In Singapore for 2 days, arriving at 19.30 new years eve, then off the Sydney, then back to Singapore for 2 more days:D . Oh, this is the life.....

Please drop me a line and let me know how you are.

Pam XXX

P.s Sorry guys, this was totally off the topic, but these are the great layovers you have to look forward to in Emirates;)

Africansky
29th Nov 2002, 08:54
Cool! I am soooooooo excited!!

I went for some of my medical yesterday- what a mission! They just don't know what is going on in the hospitals here in London. I had to take a day off work and it looks like I'm going to have to take off another couple (luckily I have an understanding manager). It is really expensive too (I'll end up paying about £400 for everything) and apparently they do not reimburse..
ah s--t!!!

Well at least I know I'll earn it back eventually :)

Disko Biscuit
29th Nov 2002, 09:42
What did you have to pay the £400 for? Travelling expenses or for the medical?

Africansky
29th Nov 2002, 10:58
The medical is costing so much. The NHS do not cover half the things that are required :(

What clothes should I take for the training or do they supply a uniform??

Pam747
1st Dec 2002, 20:48
Hey Africansky and Knight,

An absolute HUGE congratulations to the both of youhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/jump.gif, you have well and truely been accepted into the best airline in the business (in my opinion of course):D . Emirates is a fantastic airline to work for, and Dubai is absolutely brilliant. As far as training is concerned, your first week here will be an induction week, where you complete all the formalities i.e paperwork, uniform fittings, presentations, and a cultural tour. For this week, just bring a couple of sets of smart clothes i.e office wear. When your actual training commences in the second week, you will already have your uniforms, so you will do all your training in uniform, except SEP, where they provide you with gorgeous white overalls and blue sockshttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lol.gif. Good luck to you both with your medicals. Its a nightmare, I know, but well worth it!!!

Well done to you both once again.

Pam XXX

Eliason
2nd Dec 2002, 06:48
I'm pretty sure you'll have a fun time in DXB! Plenty to do, lots of nice destinations... Enjoy your time in Trainingscollege - the SIM-sessions are fun ! :D

Eli

Africansky
5th Dec 2002, 14:49
Hello Knight, that is so cool that you are in the same position as me right now :D I am so excited too, I have done half of my medical and just a few more things to do. I had to go away for work so that has slowed me down a little. Tetanus jab... OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

I am flying on the 19 Dec and start training on the 28th. When are you going over??

Knight
5th Dec 2002, 21:18
Hi Africansky!

Can you pls check your PMs? Thanks.

Regards,
Knight.

nickmelb
5th Dec 2002, 22:22
Pammy i heard all about it!!! *naughty girl!*

check ur pvt msg!

Jewel how did u go with ur interview on wed in sydney? let us know!