PDA

View Full Version : takeoff run at PER, QF767

AnsettStar
25th Nov 2002, 08:35
Just wondering, about two weeks ago I was seeing a friend off to Melbourne. The a/c was a 767 and on rotation seemed to have used very little of the runway (between 1/3-1/2 of total runway space). Actually, I'd estimate the a/c was at least 15-20ft off the runway at the halfway mark. (And was LOUD!)

Is this a common usage or was this guy/girl just very keen to get to Melbourne? Seemed to me to be up off the deck quite a bit earlier than usual....

any input appreciated...

by the way, those QF A330's look HOT!!!!!!! ;)

ooops... forgot to add..... runway in question the one that runs roughly North-south (forgotten the number, I know it's not 06/24 :D

Waste Gate
26th Nov 2002, 02:06
The Rwy is 03/21. It's around 3400m long.

The take off run you describe doesn't sound too short, but it would depend obviously on weight and conditions. A decent headwind is a big help there. . .

But in any case, the 767 does go pretty hard, even with a normal reduced thrust take off :eek: :eek: . . .

WG.

Mud Skipper
27th Nov 2002, 21:21
AnsettStar,

Perth is one of those places which loves to put moderate turbulance or windshear on their ATIS.

In this was the case the pilots may have elected not to use any derate but rather use full takeoff thrust to improve performance through the advised wind condition.

In a very light 767 you could be a few thousand by the end of the runway if you had a good wind and full thrust!

:)

AnsettStar
28th Nov 2002, 07:35
I'd been wondering for a while what the average was... I've seen quite a few fantastic t/o and landings at Perth. And man, no sound I like better than the time I heard a 747 coming in during bad weather - he hit the reverse thrust hard and being at the Intl ob. deck, I heard it all. Wow!!!! Next best thing to being in it!! :p

Anyway, once again, thanks again for answering my question. Nice not to get roasted by one of the minority around here who think it's a crime to ask questions! :)