PDA

View Full Version : A day in the life

liquidhockey
24th Nov 2002, 22:41
Hi

I only see a small part of what dispatchers do from my job so i was wondering if someone could give me a full day in the life of a dispatcher. also including the worst and best parts of the job.

Cheers
Dave

Buggs Bunny
25th Nov 2002, 21:31
Dave

Give me a call sometime and we will have a chat.
CainunUK has my number.

Brgds

boredcounter
25th Nov 2002, 22:09
Fair play to you mate.
Don't look for a day in the life of a Redcap. You are bound to pick a good day.
Have a chat with Buggs, see how you feel afterwards.
As a pure Ops guy, that has done crude dispatch of company A/c, I would like to say I know the pressure these guys/girls are under.....but I can't. I know the cr@p I throw at them at short notice, then there is the C/crew, before the Drivers get involved. If you can, pick a bad day and stay remote, it is on a bad day these guys earn the corn. Can you get seconded for a week or so? If you can, go for it.

I know I may of been harsh in the past. These guys work hard when it hits the fan, and I rely on them, be sure before you jump in. If you do be good at it

liquidhockey
25th Nov 2002, 22:23
Buggs Bunny

Do you work for GlobeGround?
I am on shift tommorrow from 1200-2100 so if i see cainan il have a chat with him.

Cheers

Dave

DUCKMAN052001
17th Dec 2002, 12:37
If you want to know what a dispatchers job entails. Well the best and less painfull to see is go down to your local grade school and see what the teachers put up with. (this gives you an idea how to work with the ATC folks) Next go down to the local prechool. (this will help you understand the basics of how to deal with the rampers) And last go to the nearest middle school. (this will help you understand the pilots and flight attendants) And after that meet them all at the pub for a good brew. (that is if you don't already work for America West)
:D