PDA

View Full Version : Corporate/VIP Flying

flymeboy
24th Nov 2002, 16:15
Hello everyone!

I am working as a Cabin Crew Instructor at the moment but have always wanted to work in the VIP and Corporate side of flying! I have heard of people working on VIP Airbus 340, 319 etc and was wondering if anyone out there knows of how to go about applying for a position etc.

Please forgive me if another thread has been put about this recently!

Any information would be great! Safe flying and love to hear from you soon!

Flyme x:p

MinimumRest
28th Nov 2002, 12:11
Hi there.

The biggest and best corporate agency in the UK are:
Jet Personnel
PO Box 84
Henley-On-Thames
Oxfordshire
RG9 6DQ

Send them a CV and 2 up to date piccies, one full length one head and shoulder. Be warned they are very picky on groomed looks and prefer those with lots of Business/First experience and also another language if possible.

Vacancies are often advertised in Flight International or on their website www.flightinternational.co.uk (I think, if that's wrong it's something very similar, or try .com)

Also the odd ones appear on www.aviationjobsearch.com and www.climbto350.com is also worth a look, but be prepared to trundle through about a million American vacancies for every European one. Also the founder of www.airlinestaff.com did some VIP work out in the Gulf, so you may find some tips on the site or if you e-mail her.

If that draws blanks send some speculative letters to smaller business jet type companies at your regional airport (ie mine up here at MAN is Northern Executive Aviation). They may have vacancies or casual positions, where you work the odd day every so often when it suits, which is a good way of trying it out and getting some experience on your CV.

If you need anything else just PM or e-mail me.

Hope this helps

MR XxX :)

t3953
28th Nov 2002, 20:48
Hello flymeboy,

At risk of starting another thread of critisising messages for you, Qatar Airways operates an A340, A319CJ and an A310 for the Amiri flight. The pay is very good and accomodation top notch. at least the ones Iv been in have been. Im sure you could get some info for their personel dept at www.qatarairways.com

Good luck!

P.S Dont listen to what you hear about the airline! Its actually a lot of fun down here.

AViON calling!!
29th Nov 2002, 13:29
Hi there,

I posted a recent advertisement for corporate flying here 2 days ago but seems to have been lost. I found it in the newspaper in Singapore, looking for experienced crew to work Biz-jets based in KUL. Accom, Medical, uniform, competitive salary included. Must speak English & French. Hopefully the post is here somewhere but i haven't been able to find it and have tossed the ad.
Will let you know if I hear more. Good luck. I have some friends working in Malaysia, based in KUL and they love it.

gulf-crew
29th Nov 2002, 17:25
t3953

Yes the Amiri flight is great to work for, and the accom is fantastic but the salary isnt that great you can get more in europe or netjets me-europe and work month on-off or 6/5 for europe. Their are a lot of companies around but if you wanna get experience then QR Amiri is a good place to go to, but not long term as you can get better money else where and dont have to stay in one place most of the time. t3953 did hear that the A340-A310 were sold, are they still their or have they gone now. Saw the A320 in EGGW a little while back after its USA trip

Avcon

Yes did here about that posting, but think that it has been taken off, if you can get the details would be most grateful if you could PM me with it as have a few friends who are very interested and have BBJ1/2 expereince.

Flymeboy

Corporate flying is very difficult to get into and is mostly on who you know and not what you know in this part of the Business, it may take a little time to get established and do lots of networking. Take it you are Male cabin crew. If so you have a harder chance of finding a Jet as very few take on male cabin crew, I was one of the lucky ones but be prepared to wait a while for a offer to come up, also a very good idea is to go around the BizJet operators, have a good look at your CV and get professional phots done, they want the best and have thousands of applicants, know my job they had about 1000 cvs. Also look at people like Jet Aviation, JetClub etc register with them and show your interested, Do you have First Class experience and what grade are you onboard. Just remember that as a corporate flight attendant you are on call 24/7 and do you have any catering experience. It can be quite a demanding schedule but if you enjoz the uncertinity of what/when/where at a moments notice then you might enjoy it. I personallz love it and thrive on it but their are the long hours, min min rest and away again. If you would like any further help please feel free to pm me or email. Would be glad to be of help.

:cool: :cool: Lifes a Beach, Lifes a Corporate Jet

Squawk7777
30th Nov 2002, 06:24
Give PrivatAir a ring! A great company to work for - as I have heard and read.

+41 22 929 6701 or [email protected]

you can also try TAG Aviation, they don't fly BBJ-size a/c, but it might be worth a try

Hope this helps...

t3953
30th Nov 2002, 14:29
Hey gulf-crew,

The A310 and 340 are still there and being used a lot! in fact the A340 is due to be painted in full QR colours some stage next year I hear! Plus they are hiring new instructors for the a340 so Im not sure about them being sold. But you never know with this place. I also heard the A380's where to go to the Amiri flight but then that could be just talk too!!!

AViON calling!!
4th Dec 2002, 20:26
Hi again, sorry it's late but better than never. I have found the advertisement I mentioned a few posts ago for corporate flying based in KUL, it reads.......

FLIGHT ATENDANT/COORDINATOR

We are a high profile group of companies based in Kuala Lumpur and seek to recruit Flight Attendants for our corporate jets. One of the most important responsibilities of the Flight Attendants will be to provide exceptional in-flight services for the comfort and safety of our passengers.

Flight Attendants will be required to travel overseas away from base for varying periods of time, including weekends and holidays.

Requirements:-

* Have a good education background. Preferences is for University graduates.

* At least 3 years' relevent working experience either on a commercial airline or business jet.

* Must have excellent communication skills in both English and French.

* Must have a warm, confident and natural friendly personality.

* Be able to interact comfortably with all levels of people and to function effectively in stressful situations.

* Must be in excellent health.

* Have a valid driving licence and current passport.

We provide accommodation at home base, per diem allowances, 13th month salary, personal accident insurance and medical coverage, free uniform and a competitive monthly salary for the successful applicants.

The initial contract will be for two years renewable on mutual agreement.

If you are looking for a challenge and wish to be considered for the position please forward your C.V. with a full length photograph (n.r.) not later than 12 Dec 2002 to:

c/o Petlog S.E.A. Pte Ltd
391A Orchard Road.
#21-03 Ngee Ann City, Tower A
Singapore 238873

or email it to: [email protected]

Only short listed applicants will be notified.

This was adveritsed in the Singapore Straits Times last week. Good luck and let me know how you go. I would be interested to know if anyone here applies. Good luck.

taba
5th Dec 2002, 18:16
Gulf Crew

The words Gloat, Gloat and Gloat come to mind!

HEH HEH

Flying Swan
22nd Jan 2003, 12:39
Hi people,

Has anyone tried to apply for the position of corporate flying in Kuala Lumpur (posted advertisement by Avion Calling, already some time ago)?

I'm just wondering if anyone got an invitation from that company.

Flying Swan
:rolleyes: