PDA

View Full Version : EK interviews in SYD

goofy76
24th Nov 2002, 00:28
Hello

Just wondering if anyone here is attending the EK interviews in Sydney. I got my date for 5 December.

goofy76
7th Dec 2002, 04:26
Guess no one else from here attended the EK interviews but thought i'd share with you all that ive made it through all the rounds and just had my final interview today. Now the dreaded 4-6 week wait to know if im successful.

Good luck to those of you who are DXB bound!

cyberkitty
7th Dec 2002, 04:59
hello there,

can you tell me abt the topic that you need to write, the discussion and everything else that i need to know, pretty pls!!! how many ppl attend the interview and how many make it to the final...i really need to know!!!!!

and oh yes, congrats on making it to the final! x my fingers on ya!

p/s goofy, i send you a private msg! pls check!!!:)

dejvu
7th Dec 2002, 11:13
well well well.........
i did go to the interview in hongkong...
there were about 600 of applicants and they finally chose only 3 girls to join the company....
how horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cyberkitty
7th Dec 2002, 12:33
only 3 girls make the cut!? gosh.......:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jewel
7th Dec 2002, 21:35
Hey i had an interview with them on the 4th. Wasnt impressed at all so didnt really want to talk about it.
About 40 people showed up and 30 were booted within the first 2 hours. We had like a question and answers thing then a group discussion on the cultural difference we expect from Dubai. Then they axed the majority of us. It was really poorly organised i feel. They could tell nothing about a person from what they did in the morning. And they booted many of us with things like past experience, 4 languages and 10 yrs cust service skills. They kept a guy who didnt talk thru the whole interview, a really rude and up herself, annoying girl and a guy who told me at the brake that he "didnt even know why he was here. Didnt give a f*ck if they booted him now coz he only wanted to leave so he could go to the beach" :confused:

Floaty
8th Dec 2002, 12:44
Cyberkitty,

do a search on this forum mentioning "Emirates interview", you'll find plenty of helpful and more encouraging stuff.

EK is a hard one to crack, it is true, but they are NOT unprofessional... maybe just a triffle unfair sometime. :rolleyes:
Effectively, the selection in Hong Kong was suprisingly disappointing but usually, in Australia, the selection is run with a smaller number of participants (around 34 when Nickmelb and myself attended their SYD interview last May) and by 11 am about half where still in. As you can see, you have all your chances.

Keep in mind that Emirates look for very flexible people. Relocating to Dubai, away from family and eventual boyfriend or girlfriend, where the culture is so different can somehow be tough... Be aware!

Another MUST at EK is the LOOK! You don't need to be Claudia Schiffer but make sure you wear something very elegant, very business. Black is usually the way to go. Hair, make-up and nails must be impeccable.

Ask a question or two during the morning, if you have any INTELLINGENT question (avoid asking things that are already clearly mentioned on the info sheet in front of you, like many people do :rolleyes: ). Your speech is also important. Avoid slang and sounds. Be elegant and SOUND elegant, but don't force it...

Go and get 'em girl!!! :D

Mrs. FloatJockey

cyberkitty
8th Dec 2002, 17:14
thank you floaty for the insight tips!!! it's true that EK is one hard shell to crack but they are just doing their job when they had to turn away those unsuccessful applicants. it's not an easy task for them but they had to do it.:( :(

as a matter of fact, i had gone for the interview twice and i still believe that EK will be the one. maybe it's not the right time yet, but patience is a virtue.....just wish that my shining star will shine brighter for the up coming interview which i dunno when. :confused:

ozflyboy
8th Dec 2002, 20:52
Yes....I too was at the EK interview on the 4th....without sounding bitter I completely agree with Jewel - I dont see how in that short amount of time they can effectively assess you.

I have also attended a QF second round interview at much the same time - and whether I move onto the third round or not, I know that their process was fairer and much more comfortable.....but who am I to judge??!!

Best of luck to those ppl who have made it thru!

;)

goofy76
9th Dec 2002, 00:09
As my interview was held on the final day of first round interviews we had a smaller attendance of 13 people. After the first culling session 6 of us remained to do they psychological test, personal essay and stuff. Perhaps because we were a smaller group, i found all 13 attendees to be great people, but luckily i was able to stay for the whole day. The 2 EK recruitment staff were very proffessional and friendly although they did seem a little tired. It was already day4 of doing the same thing over and over. The final interview held 2 days later was a two on one interview lastly approximately 30mins. Again they were both very friendly during this session aswell. They did mention to others that they will return in 6months time so please dont be put of by re-applying.