PDA

View Full Version : Dispatching career.

oceanicclarence
23rd Nov 2002, 19:37
Hi all, pretty simple one this ! (i think) i wanted to be a pilot, got my PPL, IMC night qualifications then thought 'no, this is just TOOOOOO much money ! I' i have decided to try for a career as a dispatcher and keep my flying the PPL kind. the question is this, im a single guy willing to go anywhere in the world to work and have a reasonable amount of money to spend on getting a qualification, so what course is the best to do for say, UK or USA etc, how long will it take ? what is involved ? How much will it cost ? and what are the chances of getting work ? any help given will be very much appreciated , cheers.

Buggs Bunny
25th Nov 2002, 21:35
OC
Get in contact with Liguidhockey as he has the same problem and has already paged the questions on this forum.

For dispatch you will prob have to start at temp dispatch at one of main airports working on charter a/c. Choose carefully so you don't get shafted.

All the best.

jaw2001
29th Nov 2002, 15:55
No formal qualifications requred in the UK. However, the US is a totally different ball game and so is the job! To get a dispatch liscence for the US take a look at:-

http://www.flightcontrolacademy.com/ (http://)

All the best

ACE Dispatcher
14th Dec 2002, 11:05
If your serious about getting an FAA dispatch licence then visit this site: http://www.sheffield.com
This school is located in Ft.Lauderdale, Florida and is where I obtained my licence from.
I highly reccomend Sheffield School as most of the major airlines only hire their graduates!

Good Luck!

DUCKMAN052001
18th Dec 2002, 13:47
I my self am a graduate from Flight Control Academy. The school is great and they know what they are doing. The class is only six weeks long. The two main instructors are both former dispatchers and dispatch managers. One came from TWA the other from Flying Tigers and Southern Air. TUS was great. had alot of fun and did not pay that much. They have a deal with one of the hotels near the airport. They also update you on current openings after you graduate. For those that are not dispatchers, it is a great job and alot of fun to do it. :p

desertking
26th Dec 2002, 17:34
I agree with the duckman....I am also a graduate of Flight Control Academy in Tucson and have had no problem obtaining employment with several air carriers since I graduated several years ago. The dispatch career is a great one which at times can become very frustrating and hectic but I'm happy that I made the career change to this field. The instructors have a way of making the course very interesting and fun and they bring in other experts in the ATC field, dispatching, and a CRJ Pilot who was also a dispatcher to teach parts of the curriculum. One of the owners is also a graduate of Sheffield and has never said anything other than good things about Sheffield as the owner is a good friend of his. All of the schools must teach the subjects listed in FAR Part 65, Appendix A, but the difference is how they apply the subject matter to their program. :cool:

pablo
10th Jan 2003, 20:33
Hi!

im spanish and actually studying an integrated JAR ATPL course.

Does anyone know if i can make a flight dispatcher course in another country and have good job oportunities?

Thank you very much!