PDA

View Full Version : Help! Debugging is really bugging me!

BusyB
23rd Nov 2002, 03:04
I have a new Acer Travelmate 630 Laptop with Windows XP. Every time I try Internet Banking I cannot load the pages due Debugging messages. Any suggestions appreciated. (Pentium 4 1.6 G)

mainfrog2
23rd Nov 2002, 07:21
Try clicking on IE6 Internet Options then click advanced then tick the box 'disable script debugging'.

Untick display notification about script error.

If you search for 'scripting error' back in July2001 this came up but it related to IE4

BusyB
24th Nov 2002, 07:13
Thanks, I just tried that and still can't log in. It says 'error on page" although I have no problem using a different computer. Any other suggestions welcome.

PaperTiger
24th Nov 2002, 18:33
Your turning off the error notification and auto-debug does not fix the fact that the page has some bad JavaScript in it. That's what the 'error on page' means. Post the URL and we'll have a look at what's blowing up.

If you have Netscape, its JS error interface is much better. Load the bad page, then type javascript: into the address box. You'll get a console popup identifying the error.

flybhx
24th Nov 2002, 23:07
Do you have pop up blocking software on your machine. These will bring up this error. Pressing ctrl whilst clicking on the login link normally fixes that one

BusyB
25th Nov 2002, 04:53
MAGIC! Flybhx, many thanks, if we ever meet I owe you beers. This has caused me much frustration over the last few weeks. Thank you all for your suggestions, they make this forum really worthwhile.