PDA

View Full Version : Deep fat flying...

SLF
22nd Nov 2002, 19:04
I subscribe to a service which sends a "good business idea" each day. This turned up yesterday, thought I'd open the door, toss in the grenade, retire...

Idea A Day
Where Ideas Are Free

Welcome to Day 826

Replace regular airline food with famous brands of fast food. This would allow passengers to choose their favourite burgers, fries and shakes. This type of food is tailor-made to be prepared and served from a plane's galley. KFC, Pizza Hut and Burger King could all take to the sky.

day 826 by steve evans

www.idea-a-day.com (http://www.idea-a-day.com)

corp.f/a
22nd Nov 2002, 19:32
I work on private business jets and had requests from pax for their favourite burgers, pizzas etc. from fast food companies. These products do not reheat sucessfully believe me. They are only good to eat when they have been freshly made and eaten soon afterwards.
I think there is a trend anyway these days to eat less on aircraft and more healthily.
Keep coming with the ideas though airline food could definately do with some renovation and a bit of sparkle.

TightSlot
23rd Nov 2002, 09:53
If I remember correctly, Crossair had an MD sponsored by MsDonalds some time back. It was red and had the golden arches on the fin, and served Big Mac's etc in flight. Don't know how successful it was tho

Xenia
23rd Nov 2002, 16:44
Alitalia also had a MD80 sponsored by McD, but I don't believe McD service was ever offered on board ... haven't seen it around now for a while!
Just need to ask ... how a McD or a KFC will taste after it came on board before u board and after it has cooled down and maybe after it has been heated again on A/C ovens???
Just a curiosity ;)

N989AT
23rd Nov 2002, 18:01
Usually, when I fly to ATL I get a Cinnabon to take with me on the plane. This time when I leave JFK, I guess Something else will have to do because I am tired of Cinnabons. :p

jdoe
23rd Nov 2002, 19:39
I have thought this for years, take pizza for example; cooked from fresh in the oven!
in the same vain, why have M&S not worked with BA utilising their ready meals, after all they are chilled and easily re-heated!! They could also market their finger food in the "raid the larder". Good for BA good for M&S!

FloatJockey
24th Nov 2002, 11:05
...and that will be the day I rediscover the joy of travelling by train! :D

Mrs. FloatJockey

t3953
24th Nov 2002, 11:23
RE: Reheated Big Mac and Fries!

After a recent catering strike at one of our outstations I ran into the terminal McD's and stocked up for the crew! Reheated in the oven all I can say is FANTASTIC....if you like soggy burger buns, rubberised cheese and cardboard flavoured meat pattys!!! Not too different from the real thing I guess!!! :D

nojacketsrequired
24th Nov 2002, 12:22
Corp.f/a I've sent you a private message if you can help.

Cheers,

NJR. Bacardi & Coke loads of ice and lemon.:D :D