PDA

View Full Version : Modular Correspondence Exam Timetable thoughts

AirScream
31st Jan 2001, 02:40
I have been looking at PPSC and Bristol correspondence ATPL courses. Noticed that they have split the 2 modules differently.

PPSC

Module 1

Air Law
Human Perf & Lim
Met
Gen Nav
Radio Nav
Comms

Module 2

Aircraft Gen Knowledge
Instrumentation and elctronics
Mass and Balance
Aeroplane perf
Flight planning and monitoring
Ops procedures
Principles of Flight

Whereas Bristol Groundschool has chosen to split thus:

Module 1

Met
Human Perf & Lim
Mass and Balance
instrumentation
Gen Nav
VFR Comms
IFR Comms
Flight Planning

Module 2

Principles of flight
airframes
perf
Op procedures
Radio Nav
Air Law

Given that the order of study will dictate the exams taken in each block can anyone tell me if the Bristol selection of modules will require you to be present on all 4 exam days for each module. thereby increasing the total time off required.

eg 2 two week brush ups and 4 exam days for each brush up.

Does anyone have a timetable of exact subject exams under JAA??

foghorn
31st Jan 2001, 20:34
airscream,

You've hit the nail right on the head: The Bristol timetable will require you to be at the exams on all four days for both sittings. For the PPCS timetable you will only need to be there for two days unless you are resitting.

The exams are:

Mon/Tue ('Techs')
Mass and Balance
Ops
Aircraft General Knowledge
P of F
Perf

Wed/Thu ('Navs')
Air Law
HPL
Gen Nav
Rad Nav
Comms
Met

AirScream
1st Feb 2001, 03:09
Thanks for confirming that Foghorn. I wondered what Bristol meant by "allowing you to catch your breath between exams". This is not neccessarily a bad thing, spacing out exams may well give those extra cramming hours. No one believes in the "if you don't know it by now you will never know it" stuff so Bristol may well see better results in time, HOWEVER, it is important to know how much time off is needed. For Bristol then it is 4 weeks brush up and 8 days of exams = 5 working weeks & 3 days of holiday.

Hardly correspondence is it??

I still think that Bristol looks the better package though.

nutty&spicy
3rd Feb 2001, 00:03
Hi AirScream,
I am looking for JAr ATPL books...willing to sell yours...
Please e-mail me..I ll be thankful.....!!!

AirScream
3rd Feb 2001, 01:22
Watcha Nutty&Spicy

I haven't actually bought them yet!!! I am waiting for the results of my medical then I will commit to a course, not sure which yet though. You can have them in a year!