PDA

View Full Version : Hire in San Fran?

UKPPL
31st Jan 2001, 02:34
I'm heading off to San Fransisco / Las Vegas for a few weeks in April and wondered if anyone could recommend a decent flying school, in the San Fransisco area. Which hires out PA28 or C172? (I'm sorted for aircraft hire in Las Vegas).

BTW. On this trip, I'm only going to do a few hours or so flying, so I'll make do with going up with an instructor as a 'safety pilot'. But does anyone know what exactly is involved with getting a FAA (VFR) licence as a holder of a PPL(A),IMC, Night, with 190hrs?? (Obviously any flying club will also want to do a check flight...!)

HomerSimpson
31st Jan 2001, 03:35
UKPPL,

With your present ratings, the FAA will issue with an FAA PPL with the retrospective ratings. You will have to go to one of their offices (there is usually one in every city), fill in some paperwork, then they will issue you a tempory licence which you can use until yours arrives in the post in the UK. (Its doesnt cost anything-nor do you have to wait weeks either, its done whilst you wait)

You can then go to a school, get checked out then go one your own.

Enjoy.

Homer

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

slim_slag
31st Jan 2001, 06:31
http://www.calairways.com/ is a place to consider while in the Bay Area. Make sure you do the Bay Tour, they will know what you mean.