PDA

View Full Version : BAC - Shedwork

P.Pilcher
21st Nov 2002, 12:31
I note that BAC are advertising for more Shed crews as they have new routes. Anybody know anything more?

ironbutt57
21st Nov 2002, 14:13
Good luck..a happy man indeed is one who has had the privilege of flying the "irish concorde" loved every minute of it:) :)

skyrabbit
23rd Nov 2002, 01:55
Five new FedEx routes within Europe: NCE-CDG; HAM-CDG;LYS-CDG;MRS-CDG;VCE-MXP.

All Started 27 OCT 02, operating Mon to Thurs

Roper
24th Nov 2002, 21:54
Looks like a Paris base then... yikes... :eek:

skyrabbit
25th Nov 2002, 15:12
NOPE!

A/C and crews are based in HAM,LYS,MRS,NCE &VCE

MJR
29th Nov 2002, 10:08
Can someone tell me where BAC are advertising ?

ta

MJr

Hap Hazard
29th Nov 2002, 17:52
:rolleyes: MJR, If Mike F has anything to do with it, try your local job centre.........

Meeb
29th Nov 2002, 20:34
MJR, BAC Express had an advert in Flight International dated 19-25 November 2002 looking for Shed Captains. I believe they do not recruit first officers as they have some form of type rating training scheme. Also, the positions seem to be for some far flung bases. :eek:

Legalapproach
8th Dec 2002, 07:18
Skyrabbit,

Are you the Cardiff based Captain Rabbit? If so drop me a line

Captain Death

MJR
9th Dec 2002, 15:44
I know this has probably been asked 6,000,000 times before but what is the BAC type rating scheme and what numbers are involved.

cheers

MJR;)

skyrabbit
9th Dec 2002, 16:32
2 weeks TRTO groundschool followed by 2 weeks(ish) of flying, about 11 hours. Costs about £9,000.00 +vat I think. All those who did courses this year are now employed. Next course early in new year. Call 01293 821621, they can tell you more.

neil armstrong
9th Dec 2002, 17:38
Wonder what is going to happen when Fed ex is starting to use the ATR freighter's.
ACL is operating one with a lot more to come (atleast thats what i did in the office) all to be operated for Fed Ex

Neil

cortilla
11th Dec 2002, 11:51
skyrabbit,

is that the same with the streamline guys who did the shed type rating??? hmmmm the shed seems like fun.

HighandTight
19th Dec 2002, 12:54
Its not the same for those that did the Streamline course. I was on a course last December and despite the promises and reassurances of their CP, our positions disappeared after we had paid the money and as soon as lots of Gill pilots came onto the market.

BAC tell me they do not like Streamline-trained shed pilots as they 'often require much more training' - their quote, not mine. Suggests either we were all crap or BAC want people to fork out for their course rather than give people already qualified a chance.

So far as I know BAC keep saying they are recruiting Shed crews but those of us who are qualified via Streamline and (hopefully) reasonably competant pilots, never hear fom them come interview time.

Oh and if you have a shed rating and try Emerald - good luck! Don't expect a reply to your enquiries, not even a photocopied thankyou for the CV.

Just removed the name

Ballinthemiddle
1st Jan 2003, 11:11
I spoke to a streamline crewmember the other week who told me he thought there were 40 plus in the "holding pool" for the r/h seat!
Those cosidering this route may be advised to try and verify this.
You have to impress on your lpc/opc with the trainer, to be even in with a chance too (only right I think), as it is no definite job at the end of it.
As far as BAC goes, their training is a little more thorough, and consiquently takes more time and costs more.:rolleyes: