PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for Emirates

Africansky
20th Nov 2002, 09:51
Can anyone please tell me how long you have to wait to hear back from Emirates after they have sent off photos to Dubai (I've been through the interviews now just waiting) They say 4-6 weeks I've been waiting for 3weeks, my friend for 6 weeks.
If it's bad news do they phone or write?? Help my friend is starting to panic :confused:

Adde
21st Nov 2002, 17:58
I believe it various how long it takes before getting respons from Emirates and it could also depend on the need of cabin crew.

nickmelb
22nd Nov 2002, 00:00
hi there

i have known of some people who wait up to 12 weeks! Usually though EK will send a rejection email within 3 weeks of having the final interview...if u are still waiting i would say they will call u with good news! good luck!

:p

Africansky
22nd Nov 2002, 10:05
Thanks heaps, whew I feel a bit better now. Apparently they are really busy at the moment. I heard that they are buying 24 new aircraft in the next 20 months so that would explain how much they are recruiting.

The waiting is the worse though- I am in a real dead end job at the moment (not airline related) and bored to tears so the sooner I hear the better. I have also applied to Virgin Atlantic as back up, they sound really good to work for :D

dickyflys
23rd Nov 2002, 10:41
Virgin Atlantic sound good to work for? Don't go anywhere NEAR them! Does it not say everything when an airline that laid everybody off has to recruit in HUGE numbers? Hundreds have left recently, totally fed up. Mind you, you could join for the huge 3% pay rise just AWARDED.

Fiction
23rd Nov 2002, 12:47
Join Emirates it's a working holiday !!!!

30 New crew coming off the production line EVERY week.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Blue Boy
24th Nov 2002, 22:17
Fiction,

Didnae see them when I was out earlier on, but then maybe AOG007 scared them off........

Seriously folks, I've never had such a good time since I came to DXB. If you get the chance, take it. Don't listen to what you hear about the Middle East, Dubai is probably one of the best, and safest places to be right now, and EK is probably one of the safest bet's (job wise) to try.

Good Luck, hope to meet you all soon

Cheers,

BB

Africansky
25th Nov 2002, 08:38
Hi Blue Boy,

How long did it take you to find out from them- it's been 4 weeks now so every time my phone rings I jump.
My friend has been waiting for 7 weeks now :( she is not feeling so positive anymore.