PDA

View Full Version : How long till easyjet replies?

LeadingEdge
20th Nov 2002, 08:09
I applied to easy two weeks ago,but havent received an answer so far,what is the average time it takes for them to reply?
My base preference was Geneva-does this have an influence on the application?
thanks for any answers

FlapsOne
20th Nov 2002, 10:57
I don't know how long the current wait is but I would suggest 2 weeks is a very short time.

EZ, and others of course, are undergoing massive expansion at the moment. I wouldn't like to guess how many applications they receive on a daily basis.

As frustrating as it is, try to sit it out a while longer before you approach them checking on progress.

My guess, and it's just that, is to wait another 4-6 weeks before a phone call or email.

mjenkinsblackdog
28th Nov 2002, 09:03
Leading Edge,
the reason for the delay is that they are stuck in the easyland cafe having a meeting about how to cause disruption to its pilots!:cool:

Try Ryan,Channel Express,Flyglobal,or the new one at manston {good luck}.
Ps Virgin Emirates.gulfair,qatar,singapore ,eva,are all hiring !

northern boy
29th Nov 2002, 20:27
Leading Edge,

Please think very hard before comitting yourself to EJ. They excel only in making pilots and cabin crew lives a misery. If you do go, then be prepared for weeks of hassle and harrassment if you ever decide to leave.
The whole experience took about 5 years off the tail end of my life and has added to my increasing grey hair count.
Read the other postings and talk to BALPA about the attitude of certain base managers before taking the plunge.
There are far better airlines to work for. Failing that , plunging your head into a tank of flesh eating fish is probably a more pleasant experience in the long term.

Miles Magister
29th Nov 2002, 20:39
Leading Edge,

They are very busy and often miss some good candidates. I did not receive a reply until after I had received a good offer elsewhere, I accepted the other offer and am now very happy with my job. In fact much happier than many of my friends at the easy land cafe. Don't wait around, keep looking around as things are picking up everywhere and good luck.:)

LeadingEdge
1st Dec 2002, 07:56
Thanks for the replies so far.
I am a little bit stuck with my company -got offered an upgrade(turboprop,however).
But the easyjet recruitment process seems to be strange.One applies,but does not get an confirmation or so.
Perhaps 2600B737 hrs are not enough for them?:eek:

mjenkinsblackdog
1st Dec 2002, 08:15
Leading ,
Apply on line to RYAN.

LeadingEdge
3rd Dec 2002, 04:07
I did-about one and half weeks ago.What is the average time for them to reply?
Any good news on those contract deals?