M901QX

we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

TAM PAX
20th Nov 2002, 04:53
erm who the hell is Bunny ???

Easter is in April !!!

The Nr Fairy
20th Nov 2002, 05:31
"David" Bunny Gunson is a man with an excellent line in after dinner speeches.

Get hold of a copy on CD or "cassette" - available from all good pilot shops.

Or, fork out £21 and go and see the man live.

Electric Sky
20th Nov 2002, 13:57
"What Goes Up Might Come Down" ... absolute classic! Anyone know whether or not this is just a one off or will he be doing other venues as my roster clashes with this date?

ES ;)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
20th Nov 2002, 14:31
He's an Air Traffic Controller and the tape is so close to the truth you wouldn't believe it!!

P.Pilcher
20th Nov 2002, 15:41
Of course, Heathrow Director has probably never had the privelege of working Bunny as a pilot as I have, but if his landline exchanges were anything like my R.T. exchanges then he will have many amusing tales to tell - as have I.

Regrettably, Bunny (his actual name to those who don't know him is David) retired early on medical grounds a few years ago and as a result of loosing his nice NATS controller's salary his income dropped by only a few percent as a result of his increased after dinner speaking activities!

I heartily recommend anybody who doesn't know him to go and hear his "act." He is undoubtedly aviation's finest (clean) stand up comedian/after dinner speaker. One reason that he is not by now a household name is that he was rightly distracted by his nice large NATS salary, pension and security.

What goes up must come down .... except aviation fuel!

Torquelink
21st Nov 2002, 12:04
We booked him for my company's 10th Anniversary dinner Thursday July 4th this year - on the previous Monday the B757/TU154 midair over Switzerland occurred. We dithered over cancelling him - who'd want to hear jokes about ATC that week? In the end we stuck with it and he was brilliant - he handled the midair with great tact and sympathy and then went on with his incredibly funny flying/ATC reminiscenses - made the evening. I recommend that if you get the opportunity - go and see him.

MaximumPete
22nd Nov 2002, 16:09
Is he coming to the East Midlands in the near future?

Possibly the Assembly Rooms in Derby would be a suitable venue.

MP

5milesbaby
24th Nov 2002, 10:32
These 'good pilot shops' that stock his tape, anyone know where any are on-line, or of any in the Southampton region. Used to have his tape but the wonders of Ford radio technology managed to see it wasn't played again :( :( :(

Greenfinch
24th Nov 2002, 10:42
5milesbaby,

Try this link:

Transair (http://www.transair.co.uk)

then:

http://www.transair.co.uk/pages/books/whatgoes.htm

Regards,

GF

Jinkster
26th Mar 2004, 23:57
Fantastic CD/ Tape. I have converted it to CD - most enjoyable :ok:

brabazon
31st Mar 2004, 12:42
Anyone know how to contact him for an after dinner speech and how much he costs?

BoeingMEL
31st Mar 2004, 14:17
Not sure how to contact Bunny but try an engine search of agents and booking agencies. As an alternative try www.maydaymike.co.uk ... just a little bit blue but very, very funny. Cost us £800 plus exs but worth every penny! bm

31st Mar 2004, 14:49
The man's a legend! Funny as f:mad:ck!

:}