PDA

View Full Version : ATA/CTC Selection Procedure

socrates
21st Mar 2001, 12:20
Has anyone got the lowdown on the selection procedure and whats involved in the process of gaining entry into CTC/ATA at Dibden Manor.

I've heard that they have withdrawn the 'money up front' option, making it easier for those of us who have spent it all on the first stages of training.

Would be very greatful if anyone could give the necessary details as I am seriously considering this approach.

Thanks in advance...

Q Feel
21st Mar 2001, 15:17
Socrates,

If its the ATP Scheme you're referring to, then I believe that an MCC is a prerequisite.

If you haven't already got an MCC, then I highly recommend doing it at the ATP Academy - They are very professional, enthusiastic and efficient (and it also gives you the chance to impress a few instructors :) )

The selection procedure for the scheme involves two stages. The first will occupy the best part of a day, and includes a couple of teamworking exercises, an individual interview and a set of aptitude/basic aviation knowledge tests.
If you are successful at this stage, you will be invited back for a sim ride, which I believe is normally done in the King Air.

If this goes well you find yourself in the holding pool, and from there you are offered to the participating airlines for interview.

If my memory serves me correctly, you then work for the airline on a six month contract during which time you will get paid the usual subsistance allowances and expenses, although not the basic wage. At the end of the period the airline will usually put you onto a permanent contract.

Full details can be found at

www.ctcaviation.com (http://www.ctcaviation.com)

Good luck!