PDA

View Full Version : JAR ATPL with ATA Coventry

Fly_777
21st Mar 2001, 03:13
I understand that ATA at Coventry where excellent under the CAA system. Can anyone who has followed JAA ground school at ATA comment on how their course went, and any exam success?

I believe 7 of the 10 on their first JAA course have now passed. I also understand they use those nasty Four Forces manuals (though Version two is now out WITH the pictures, page numbers, index, etc!)

sd
21st Mar 2001, 12:00
If it's good notes and feedback you are after go to OATS.

I had the misfortune to do my ATPL's using 4 Farces notes and they are a joke. The revised editions can only be better.

Did a brush up on two subjects at OATS and got their notes as part of the deal. They were 2,000% better!!

As an aside, the course part of the OATS brush up was not that hot, but the notes alone were worth the money just to get those bloody awful exams out of the way at last.

Valiant
21st Mar 2001, 12:23
I've just finished, well a couple of months ago, the JAR groundschool with ATA. I rate them very highly and thought the instructors were absolutely first class. Like all the schools they had their problems when they first started on the JAA syllabus but things are much improved now with results to reflect.

Yes they do use the Four Forces (Crew2000?) notes, which were lacking somewhat in quality. The standard of the notes was my only criticism and even then it wasnt the content but the standard of presentation etc, but as you say the second issue is greatly improved.

All in all I can only speak highly of ATA and most definately recommend them. I'm glad it's all over and behind me though!! :)

ravenx
22nd Mar 2001, 02:14
how long have you been working for them? :-)

actually that is good news because I want to do mine and ATA are the closest. OATS I'm sure are good but they are also very expensive. A friend of mine used the guildhall university in London and pssed most first time and the other two the next time and they were only £1800 for the whole lot

jarjam
24th Mar 2001, 18:10
HI I'VE JUST FINISHED WITH ATA AFTER A GRUELING SIX MONTHS OF STUDY. I WOULD RECCOMEND THEM HIGHLY ALL THE LECTURERS KNOW THERE SUBJECTS INSIDE OUT AND YOU WILL GET TAUGHT THE SUBJECT AND NOT JUST THE ANSWERS AS SOME SCHOOLS SEEM TO TEACH THEIR PUPILS.
ITS TRUE THAT WHEN THE JARS CAME IN THE RESULTS WERE NOT TOO CLEVER BUT EVEN THE CREAM OF THE CROP (YEAH RIGHT) DOWN AT OXFORD WERE STRUGGLING BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU THERES PLENTS OF 90% COMING IN NOW. AS REGARDS TO THE FOUR FORESKINS BOOKS THEY ARE CRAP BUT THE QUALITY OF THE TRAINING MORE THAN MAKES UP FOR IT. AS ONE OF THE LECTURERS SAID. "THE CAA JUST LIKE YOU TO HAVE A BOOK TO LOOK AT" GO FOR IT GOOD TRAINING AND VALUE FOR MONEY (NOT EASY TO FIND THESE DAYS)

JB007
24th Mar 2001, 19:20
I'm with ATA at the moment (only for one more week!!!..)

You can't get any better than Pete Lines and Mike Burton....

They are still using Four Forces notes but they have been re-written with a second Edition issued in January and they are 100% better than the old editions.

Give them a call, you won't be disappointed.
Cheers

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

[email protected]
(I'm away for a while!)

GASH !
31st Mar 2001, 16:13
I`ve just finished the NAV course at ATA. sitting the exams next week. The standard of teaching from Pete Lines is excellent. I`m not sure what all this fuss is about the manuals as none of us use them anyway, Pete will tell you what you need to know.
The Oxford manuals that I`ve seen seem to have `borrowed` heavily from a series of TECH books written by a certain Mike Burton, who just so happens to teach at ATA.