PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Recruitment

Adde
18th Nov 2002, 00:22
Anyone knows whether Qatar Airways is recruiting cabin crew?

What is the interview like? Since I'm an European citizen, will I have to fly to Doha if I wish to attend the interview or is it possible the interview would be held in any European country?

/Adde

gulf-crew
18th Nov 2002, 02:37
Adde

Their always recruiting matey, they do interviews over in Europe.

But would seriously think about it before you apply just do a search on them in Cabin Crew or Middle East to see what people been on here about them.

Good luck but you should try EK more stabilized and organized

GC

Adde
18th Nov 2002, 17:32
I have read a few of them and understand Qatar Airways is not a worth airline working for.

However, I have decided to apply for them. I have filled out the application form and will be posting it soon.

/Adde

kenoco
18th Nov 2002, 18:11
Adde as long as u have a pulse and u speak English QR will accept you but be prepared to lose a lot of privacy in your personal life,thumbs down from me I'm afraid.

Adde
18th Nov 2002, 18:14
I speak Danish, English, French, Norweigan and Swedish fluent. I also have knowledge in German and Spanish.

Pulse, I have. But I feel uncertain about my application. Should I send it by post or email?

I have a feeling I stand a better chance with Qatar Airways than Emirates. Everybody seems they want to pursue their careers with Emirates and not with Qatar Airways. This is why I have chosen to apply for Qatar Airways.

How picky are Qatar Airways?

blue cheese
19th Nov 2002, 07:48
Hi everyone.

I have applied for qatar and gulf too. But I have not receive any news from this two airline. DO you think they recruit from Asia or Malaysia. I dont think I would want to fly out anywhere to attend their interview. The plane ticket alone is going to cost me a bomb... :(

I had an interv with EK 2 weeks ago but wasnt sucessful. I will try again in 6 months but in the mnean time, I am applying to other airline as well. EK's competition is pretty stiff but the actual interv is stress-free compare to other airline I went to.

So what are your opinion on gulf air? I heard a lot on qatar already! :)

t3953
19th Nov 2002, 14:30
Hey Lads,

Ignore the disgruntled pessimists!!! Qatar Airways is fine to work for! Iv been with them for a few months now and Im having the time of my life with them and keep in mind I came from AerLingus before this so If they were treating me badly I sure as hell would not keep my mouth shut!!!

Anyway, Interviews are held all over Europe but you need to keep an eye in the newspapers! Usually in London, Germany and Czech Republic.

Anyway, Good luck with it and I stress again...Dont listen to the garbage you hear! Its all what you make of it!

All the best! :cool:

Adde
19th Nov 2002, 15:59
A friend of mine was currently undergoing the flight attendant course with Qatar Airways. One week later he received a phonecall from Emirates saying he was successful of the interviews he attended two months ago in Malaysia, before he left for Qatar. He decided to leave for Qatar a few weeks later since he hadn't heard anything yet.

The CEO of Qatar Airways threathen him if he did leave Qatar, he would send a copy of his passport to the UAE which could him from working with Emirates.

Is it really that bad?

ferris
19th Nov 2002, 17:55
Oh yes! There is (allegedly) a no-poaching agreement, due to the large number of defections to EK in the recent past.

blue cheese
20th Nov 2002, 01:08
t3953,

Is qatar recruitment team in Asia? I am from malaysia and I didnt hear any news from them. I think they are not as strict as EK.

Adde,

SAd to hear that about your friend. I noticed taht EK takes a long time to give a reply to the application. Frankly, I wouldnt know what to do, whther to wait for answer or accept the offer from qatar. :) Hope your friend is happy now with qatar. by the way, have you applied for ek yourself?

nickmelb
20th Nov 2002, 06:01
For those of u in aussie land the qatar team should be out shortly to do interviews in Melbourne and Brisbane.....they did Sydney in July...

Keep your eyes on the papers

Nick:p

cyberkitty
20th Nov 2002, 06:07
hey nick, how come you know that EK will be conducting the interview in mel next feb and QR as well? you surely keep up to date abt airlines interviews. any chace of flying with any other airlines soon? ;)

kenoco
20th Nov 2002, 11:53
Adde if u want to work for EK "Casper" will demand u stay in QR and he will personnally make your life a misery,especially if u are of eastern decent now that he knows u have applied to EK.See tons of crew have in the past left QR and gone to EK,so u have to leave one to join the other.Now Aerlingus person I am not a disgruntaled employee I decided to leave QR and I keep posting here cause I went true the same process a time ago and I saw how badly people were treated so I'm just spreading the word,3 months is not really a long time.EK is the better choice,but thats just my opinion,bye bye.

nickmelb
20th Nov 2002, 12:39
hey cyberkitty

i always keep my ears to the ground..also a lot of my mates work in the industry here and overseas.........:p

t3953
21st Nov 2002, 07:56
Hey everyone!

Kenaco!!! Like you said, you went through the process some time ago when it was small and pretty much a regional airline! The airline is getting a little big for himself to keep tabs on everyone now so it doesnt happen anymore! Now if you cant beleive that then thats your problem but stop insisting in spreading RUMOURS around the place for people who really want to give it a try down here, thats something kids do in school! As I understand it people did the very same about EK and look at how you speak highly about them!!! Plus there isnt exactly a huge amount of jobs in the market at the mo so the last thing these people need is scare-mongering (please feel free to correct my spelling)! Now from someone who actually CURRENTLY works for the airline, ITS A LOT OF FUN! And as for the EK - QR thing, thats mostly bull too! If you applied for Ek and QR at the same time and took one over the other while you were waiting to hear, than its not a problem to move. If your employed with one while you go for an interview with the other than thats a problem, I know this because a week after I arrived in Doha I was offered EK and I was told it wasnt a problem as my Visa was still to be issued! But I decided to stay with QR because promotions were more forthcoming!

Anyway guys/girls giving QR a shot, best of luck and dont beleive everything you hear. This is a RUMOUR website after all! See you in MAN from next April!!!

:D ;) :cool:

kenoco
21st Nov 2002, 11:18
AerLingus person you chose QR over EK,really???I am still in contact with friends of mine who are still in QR all of them more senior than you so I post for them,have you met AAB yet???Take Care.Also everything I post here is true,no exaggerations,forgive my spellings.

t3953
21st Nov 2002, 17:12
Hey Kenaco!

I dont doubt any of it is true! Iv heard the stories. But like I said, things do change. Iv met the man himself, nothing exciting to say about him but certainly not someone Id be afraid of in a hissey and same should be said by anyone who meets him!!! As for your spelling...I need a bleedin dictionary beside me for mine!!!!

Cya! ;)

taba
21st Nov 2002, 19:06
T 3953

I have to chuckle really...

I had a fab time out there, but it APPEARS that you might be one of them kinda people that drools over AAB.

Stick it a bit longer and get back to us!

He HAS done some great things for the airline, but never really taking the crew into consideration.

It must be SO exciting for you I guess!

Cheers

Taba

t3953
22nd Nov 2002, 10:02
Drool????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

HE WISHES!!! Believe me, the laughs I have about Ali B at the dinner table would prove otherwise!

I just dont think its right people bad mouthing a company they no longer work for and putting off potential applicants! Sorry if that leaves me open for criticism but wont make me think twice before putting things in here!

But at least you agree that the place is a laugh!

Take care!

gulf-crew
23rd Nov 2002, 03:20
t3953

Cant believe you turned down a company like EK mate, sorry have to say it.

Yes I did love the place and had the same attitude like you did after all 3 1/2 years out their and kept thinking that things would change, some did I remember when we did tea/coffee and headsets on the DXB runs every flight. and on the B727 as well with useless bev makers. Brings back fun memories.

I have gotten a lot of my info from current crew so dont think its all bull t3953, but do hope you enjoy it, keep thinking that it will be a brilliant airline but until they get rid of The Bouncer from Mothercare things will still be the same yes it will get bigger but the way he treats the crew will still be the same.

Glad your enjoying it hope to catch up with you for a beer and a laugh

taba
23rd Nov 2002, 13:09
Yep, GC, funny how no one believes us!

We had a good time...4 brit blokes and an honourable brit in NF...pizza boxes and empty cans...oh yes it was good BUT....

Like you say, PINHEAD has to go...Aer Lingus were surely better to work for T ?

Enjoy while you can cos YOU could be next!

jdoe
23rd Nov 2002, 19:45
Who y'all ex qatar crew working for now??

t3953
28th Nov 2002, 20:58
God lads (and ladies)
How could one man really have such a negative effect on ye lot? To be honest I find the whole thing hilarious...if hes a bully its only because people let him but having said that, there are the certain nationalities who would let him!!! Having said that I have met a couple of CS's and CSD's who have stood up to him at some stage and shortly got promoted! Possibly a rare score but hey, my style!

And yeah, Aer Lingus where better in a lot of ways, certainly less rules and stuff (well before they started going in the red) but this is more interesting! Trust me, if you knew the kind of person I was youd understand my mentality!!! :cool:

Coming up to crimbo everyone...hope youve got your prezzies sorted! ;)

kenoco
30th Nov 2002, 00:13
Aer lingus person its not the fact that many nationalities let "casper" bully him its that he knows he can bully them because they are totally dependant on the job,so if u have any friends other than europens ask them,how long were u in aerlingas for???

t3953
30th Nov 2002, 14:26
Hey Kenaco!

Yeah, I totally respect that a lot of the people are here becuase they need the money. And yes I have made friends outside of the europeans. But having said that, there are a lot of types here who cower at authority be it a CS, CSD or himself at the top! These people would probably have a lot more respect for them if they stood up for themselves but thats a totally different subject probably! :D

Im sure you know where Im coming from. I was with Aer Lingus for a couple of cool years but sadly I think things are taking a change for the worse over there, just hope when I decide to move back to Ireland, it wont be too much of a ryanair! ;)

agnus
5th Dec 2002, 23:32
T3953 ????????????

Aer Lingus - Qatar Airways.

I only ever recall one Irish applicant going through all the rounds and if you are working for Qatar Airways, why is the other applicant still with EK ????????? There was only one offer !!!!!!!

Are you pulling the guys legs????

tut tut!!

t3953
6th Dec 2002, 13:04
Hello agnus!

I dont really understand your point but I think I get the jist of it! Actually a small few former EI staff have just moved to DXB or are in the process of doing so at the mo as are a number on their way down to DOH! Remember theres a lot of people out there such as myself who have had a lot of time on their hands since taking the package from EI and wouldnt be telling the world of their plans!!!

Your obviously not as well informed as you like to think you are!!!

:p ;)

cyberkitty
6th Dec 2002, 14:28
hello there,

can you pls tell me what is so great abt QR??? i decided to sent my application to them and just wanted to know more insight info from those ex and current QR crews??? what is the basic pay like??? and how much can you bring home per/mth???

is doha a great country to live, how abt entertainment wise??? exciting??? can i work with EK after working with QR for several yr??? my 1st choice is still EK.

pls help...thank you!

:)

taba
6th Dec 2002, 17:39
T3953

Heatstroke...must be!

Either that or you work for a diffrent airline...what's all this nonsense about time off!

Not according to a recent email from one of my friends out there!

Are you sure you are in Doha now?

Call_Belle
6th Dec 2002, 18:14
t 3953, I see u used to work on the ground with EI before joining QR as cabin crew...maybe u are still in the honeymoon period we all go thru after getting our first job in the air. Hope it lasts a long time. And if u really enjoy working for QR then good luck to u.
Call Belle
ps, any chance u could ease up on the use of all the !!!!!!

taba
6th Dec 2002, 20:22
Call Belle

Well said!

T3953

I and many others past and present have stood up to authourity, and, be it justified it went a long way, but you can never trust a man who lurks outside 5 star hotels checking up on crew as they come and go!

...and that's you the new hotel and social secretary for QR!

Get over it before it creeps all over you!

Amelia
6th Dec 2002, 23:04
T3953:
What airline are you working for? I'm working for QR and even you got me worried when I read everything you wrote about QR and how fabolous things are down here. It's horrible. I'm glad I'll be leaving in January 2003!
After 16 months of flying with QR.

The schedules are horrifying. Especially when you have arrived from CDG after a long flight through the night and yet the day isn't over until you have flown to DXB.

Are you on the A330 yet? You'll appreciate those schedules! Twelve hours rest is you all you get after doing LHR and then you'll be going to CMB by midnight. Lovely!

//Amelia

blue cheese
7th Dec 2002, 02:13
Hi everyone,

I am having an interview with QR next week.... right now, I heard a lot of bad news about QR. But i will worry about that later when I am sucessful in the interview.

Amelia, can u apply for EK while still working for QR? I had an interv with EK last month but I wasnt sucessful. So I am giving QR another shot before my six month with EK is up.

My first choice is EK. I know that QR doesnt treat their employee as good as EK but I am hoping to use QR as a stepping stone and i seriously dont want to waste anymore time in my current job! It's daily nightmare!

T3959,

I just sent u a private message. Could you please check it and reply me as sson as possible,!

thanks!

Amelia
7th Dec 2002, 22:21
blue cheese:
No, you cannot apply for EK when you are employed by QR. The poaching regulation forbidds this. If you work for QR and wish to apply for EK, you need to resignate and go home before you can do so.

//Amelia

Call_Belle
11th Dec 2002, 23:39
T3953 you seem to have gone awfully quiet......

svona
5th Mar 2003, 12:22
Here's yet another topic on QR, but i'm interested in the airline, and would like some info on what it's like to be cabin crew there.
I hope someone can answer those!

What's the interview like?
Training? How long?
Is the pay acceptable?
Is it more difficult to get in as a (european) male?
Days off?

Any more valuable info would also be greatly appreciated!

Thanx!