PDA

View Full Version : Volare - Current conditions - morale, schedules, pay, etc...

Lavdumperer
17th Nov 2002, 21:43
I have seen a number of threads related to Volare in the past few months - most were quite negative - especially related to the Air Europe merger integration, etc. I am aware of the recent integration of A330s into the fleet replacing 777s and 767s. I also am familiar with attempts to merge Volare and Eurofly...

Questions for Volare pilots or people in the know:

1. Given the turmoil experienced at Volare over the last 6-12 months, how is pilot morale now - have things started to stabilize? Are the Volare and ex-Air Europe pilots beginning to work together?

2. Have conditions improved (e.g., pay and hours) or are they expected to get worse?

3. As far as the new A330s are concerned, will "original" Volare pilots fly them or will former Air Europe 777/767 pilots fly the long-haul routes? Do former Air Europe 777 Captains now fly Volare A320s as FOs? How are the pilot forces integrated?

4. Any concerns about the potential Eurofly pilot integration? I know Eurofly will be adding A330s and A320s to the mix...

Good luck to all involved. I appreciate the info.

Cheers

Lavdumperer
26th Nov 2002, 15:06
Can't wait for some good answers.... Any Italian pilots out there who would know?

Thanks

MissChief
26th Nov 2002, 22:22
Go away Lavdumper/dumperer, and conduct your market research somewhere else.