PDA

View Full Version : Which Study Books Do You Recommend?

VFE
21st Mar 2001, 00:15
Hi folks,
I hope to start an integrated course for my JAA CPL/IR with Frozen ATPL soon. I will be doing a full time groundschool as part of the course.
Obviously, prior knowledge of physics and mathematics is essential to aviod falling behind so, what books apart from the GCSE textbooks (I don't want to waste time revising stuff that may not be of any use), would those who have been through ATPL groundschool and CPL training recommend?

Is it worth delving into the 'Ground Studies For Pilots' and 'The Professional Pilot Study Guide' series of books before I go off or is it a waste of time, ie; will I not understand a word of it at this stage?

I am keen to get as much info and prior knowledge before I commit to a course so as not to fall behind, thus costing more money and stress than I need.

Thanks for your time and replies.

Regards, VFE.

Brian Clough
21st Mar 2001, 14:45
VFE - sorry I can't be of any help but I've got a load of book tokens burning a hole in my pocket for just this type of reading - if you have any luck, could you drop me an e-mail with your recommendations ?

Cheers BC

VFE
21st Mar 2001, 19:29
No worries BC.

Any ex-ATPL students out there then? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif