PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada RJ v. Mainline...

AA717driver
17th Nov 2002, 20:33
Can any of the AC folks explain how you work staffing and bidding on the CRJ and Mainline? In other words, are there CRJ's that are on the Air Canada certificate and are the CRJ pilots on the AC seniority list and how do you hire into them and flow up to the "big" aircraft?

When you are hiring, do you hire into both CRJ and A320 fleets? If you can be hired into the CRJ, how long or how much experience do you need to move up?

Thanks for indulging my fishing expedition!TC

reliefer
17th Nov 2002, 22:35
Air Canada operates the CL-65 under the mainline, and Air Canada Jazz. Recruitment for Jazz is done seperately from mainlne. If you apply to mainline, you can bid for the CRJ, or cruise pilot on the 763, 744, or 340. Direct entry onto the 320 is not usually very common. Upgrade can very from a very very short time, to a very long time. Within the next ten years with retirements and expansion due to the fact AC is profitable already, upgrades to the 320 (equipment, not left seat) should be relatively quick.

p.s. Air Canada does not hire non- Canadaian citizens but do hire landed immigrants. If you are not Candaian, better find a Canadian girl and propose.

Good Luck

sorry about the mis type. i ment they did hire landed imms, thats why i said find a canadian girl and marry her.

Panama Jack
17th Nov 2002, 23:50
Uhhh, I do believe they hire landed immigrants.

Can't figure out why an AA pilot would want to quit and come to Canada when many would want to quit here and go to AA.

flite idol
18th Nov 2002, 02:01
The clue may be in the 717.

AA717driver
18th Nov 2002, 15:30
Sorry, not looking for work, looking for clues as to how the RJ fits into a big airline seniority list and pay scheme.

May be looking for work if our outing in Iraq goes poorly;). TC