PDA

View Full Version : Being gay and working for Emirates?

Xtra Crew
17th Nov 2002, 17:46
I would like to apply as cabin crew for EK but before doing that I would like to get more information if there are any problems at the company or in Dubai if they find out you are gay?
Are there any openly gay flight attendants working for them?

Thanks for your replays! Xtra Crew

one-ball
17th Nov 2002, 19:47
Problems? No way, according to the locals you're only gay in that part of the world if you're a 'receiver'... in that case be ready to be run out of town.

You won't be popular with the pilots though.

Floaty
18th Nov 2002, 22:14
I thought in general 'straight' male cabin crew were a minority anyway :D :D

Go for it! You have nothing to lose! Good luck!

Oh, btw, I am looking for a friend cabin crew working for Iberia, his name is Alberto, he is 24 and he attended a Britannia interview this Sunday but didn't make it... I know it's not much but you are from Spain, and maybe you are cabin crew with the same company... does this description correspond to anyone you know? Sometime it's worth trying! We live in a tiny little world! Thank you!

mutt
19th Nov 2002, 03:02
Go for it! You have nothing to lose! Good luck!

Under Islamic law the sentence for a person caught having homosexual sex is death!

I guess that you better find out if this law applies in Dubai!

Mutt.

dejvu
19th Nov 2002, 03:38
then i think it is really sad if Emirates didnt want any GAY guys working for them....... is that the reason why i didnt get an offer? oh well........

one-ball
19th Nov 2002, 21:09
I don't.

Floaty
21st Nov 2002, 21:54
Under Islamic law the sentence for a person caught having homosexual sex is death!

Mutt, I am sure you know the difference between the LAW and the INFORCEMENT of a law...

If every Muslim I know had been punished for drinking alcohol, having sex or eating during Ramadan... oh dear, it would be a massacre!... ;)

Of course if you intend to walk around town in your best drag outfit... eehhh... that might be a problem!

Can someone mention the percentage of expats in Dubai by the way??? I think this is also an important fact to consider...

Mrs. FloatJockey