PDA

View Full Version : Prefered "N" Reg in the Caribbean....

Fitzroy
15th Nov 2002, 12:03
Just wondering, if you wanted to rent an "N" reg .aircraft in the Caribbean to do some Island hopping what would be your preferd A/C.....

Captain Stable
15th Nov 2002, 13:38
Something with a spare donk, and a bit of short-field performance and reliability.

Partenavia might be a good choice.

crack up
15th Nov 2002, 14:42
It is doutful that you will find a rental acft to fly solo.

cochise
11th Dec 2002, 17:59
How many of you teach your students only to use the rudders in a stall? Or not to use Ailerons in a Stall?
I've had quite a few students that haven't been mine tell me that their instructors told them "just use the rudders to keep the plane level with the horizon". I dont' think many of them noticed that the ball in the inclonometer was fully deflected!! with a Spin situation.
There are also a few misconceptions about using ailerons in a stall. You can use them as long as you keep the plane co-ordinated...so basically very small imputs and corrections.
Back to basics..two things needed for a spin....a stall and unco-ordinated flight. Once you stay co-ordinated you could be at 90 degrees bank...you will not spin.
Any suggestions?

wrong post on the last message!!! What I meant to ask was where is Captain Stable from?

Captain Stable
12th Dec 2002, 09:28
Mrs. Stable often wonders much the same! :confused: :eek: :D ;)

Wadadli
12th Dec 2002, 17:46
Try FLY BVI in Tortola. They used to have a N-reg C172.

Capt. S.--- Carib has parked all PN68s'. They are now awaiting sale.

Also, sadly the Boss passed away last month. :(

Regards Wadadli

Captain Stable
13th Dec 2002, 11:30
Sorry to hear that news Wadadli - he made a major contribution to light aviation throughout the region during his lifetime. Large shoes to fill. :(

perceval
13th Dec 2002, 16:11
where will you rent from ??
In the caribs , st martin use to have a few N-regs a/c , a better place is obviously porto rico or st thomas , the other islands would give you a licence validation for private flying ,but necessary flight check with instructor (In any case get a thorough briefing before flying anywhere ) .Rent something you are familiar with as some of the airstrips are quite short and challenging (Some are restricted to site-trained pilots) , good maintenance strongly advised (don't forget your raft and life jackets) and well insured (some insurances don't cover international flights) . a Pa 32 is quite nice to fly around (Good range , lots of space ) , 206 is a bit slow really , 210 is great if you know how to handle .Twinwise an aztec is quite interesting , a 310 is cool also if you know how to drive it properly , I don't really know the others .Enjoy your vacations .

Fitzroy
16th Dec 2002, 17:05
I am seriously thinking about getting a couple of "N" reg. aircrafts located in the caribbean just for renting to visiting Pilots. Do you guys think there is scope for this kind of business and if so which island would you chose to go to.

Anyone interested in this type of business.

cheers Fitz...