PDA

View Full Version : workings of the JAA

Colonel Aureliano Buendia
20th Mar 2001, 21:38
With the JAA CPL obtained in the UK, the JAA medical passed in Belgium, can I fly in France ??

Regards,

BN2A
20th Mar 2001, 21:41
Unlikely.

rolling circle
21st Mar 2001, 00:05
According to the JAA, and agreed by all members, any JAA licence and medical, no matter where issued, is equally valid in every JAA member state. However, in their piecemeal adoption of JAR-FCL1 the french have once again shown that they will abide by only those parts of JARs which they find of benefit to french pilots and operators and will ignore all others.

Thus the answer to your question, as BN2A says, is 'Unlikely'

Colonel Aureliano Buendia
21st Mar 2001, 17:16
So, if I understand correctly, aside from what an operator might want, I could legally ?

Superfly
21st Mar 2001, 18:15
Rolling circle,

Sorry to correct you but what you're saying is wrong or perhaps out of date. The french CAA (DGAC) now recognises JAA ATPL issued by any country part of the wonderfull JARland. it's official since 1st March 2001. any precision can be seen on :

http//www.legifrance.gouv.fr

Happy landings, Superfly

ronchonner
22nd Mar 2001, 01:06
yes,they recognise but they don't...!!!
if you want be recognised by their DGAC, your license must be done in france.
so, if you have a JAA lic. from france, the DGAC will recognise your JAA license because it s french.
but first you must speak fluently french,live in Paris(and sing the song "il est 4 heure du matin et paris s'eveille "de jacque dutronc),must have a french sexy girlfriend, drink lot of bordeau to join a french airline...

VIVE LA FRANCE!