PDA

View Full Version : Part time positions?

FastJet Wannabe
14th Nov 2002, 21:41
Hi All,

Firstly I'll introduce myself; I am a 19 year-old university student, living in London. I have just started my degree, and am due to graduate in around 3 years. (The degree is in Airline Management). My ultimate aim is to become one of those poor mis-understood (read: 'hated') MANAGEMENT pilots :D

I would love to work as cabin crew during my three years at uni, but obviously I would only be able to accept a part time position. I don't know if this is even possible or not.

So far I have applied, via the phone, to Buzz and Virgin Atlantic.

Buzz said I have successfully passed their telephone screening stage, but they cannot take my application further until I turn 20 (contrary to the information on their web-site, which says you can't start TRAINING until you turn 20).

Virgin Atlantic said I have also successfully passed their telephone screening stage, and are taking my application further by sending me more forms to fill in!

Neither of the telephone operators knew whether their respective airlines would be able, or willing, to accommodate my needs.

Could anyone here help me?

Incidentally, there is a guy on my course who is CC for VA, and flies 'full time', leaving on a Thursday night or Friday, and returning on a Sunday. (We have Fridays off uni). However, he has 2 years seniority.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated, even more so if you work for Virgin Atlantic or Buzz.

Many thanks!

FJW.

starbag
15th Nov 2002, 15:06
We have a few cabin crew working part time on 50% or 75% rosters at Astraeus. I'm not sure how they work it regards specific days off, I think it's more like you work in blocks of duty days with blocks of days off in between. We're recruiting now, with courses running in Jan, Feb, and March. Apply online at www.flyastraeus.com (http://www.flyastraeus.com) .