PDA

View Full Version : KLM UK

outer space
20th Mar 2001, 18:59
Going to KLM UK for and interview for the Fokker 50. Anyone got some details on the selection day process, interview and the sim check.

Hot&Heavy
20th Mar 2001, 21:22
Send an email to JetHeat, get his details from his user profile in the thread entitled 'Stuck with FAA ATP, who to blame for this disaster' - as he states that he has just been hired by KLM UK.

He might be able to give you some info if he is willing.

Cheers, H&H

G-LOST
20th Mar 2001, 23:09
Outer Space

May I ask, as I have an application in with them at present, how many hours etc you have? What about MCC?

Thanks...

HellHole
21st Mar 2001, 04:34
Outer Space,
I worked for KLM UK on the 50 a few years ago. The first day of interview consisted of:
1. Psychometric Test (16 PF)
2. Comprehension/Maths Test
3. Group Exercise (Town Planning)
4. Group Exercise (Mission Statement)
5. Main interview with senior captain & personel manager.

Sim ride Frasca (F-27) @ Cabair Cranfield about a week later.

KLM UK also conduct exit interviews when you leave. (I passed)

Remember, you are being assessed THROUGHOUT the whole day, not just the exercises!

The F-50 is a great machine!

Good Luck!

Stop Stop Stop
24th Mar 2001, 02:28
One thing I will say in addition to Hell Hole above is the company take the Sim Ride VERY seriously and you get one crack at it only (and no repeat for a minimum of 2 years). It involves basic 2 engine flying with a lot of distractions and mental calculations whilst flying SID, STAR, ILS. No real gotchas but ensure you know your way around an AERAD plate like the back of your hand. Be aware of frequency changes after departure etc. which can be gleaned from the notes on the plates.

There are several scenarios but a popular one is departure from AMS runway 24 and diversion to land at AMS 19R. The simulator MAY be set up to resemble a turboprop in terms of speeds (about 160kt climb, 240kt cruise, 140kt final) although it may just be a Cougar or something. No checklist required and minimal preparation.

Jetheat
24th Mar 2001, 06:49
Email me and I will try and help you.