PDA

View Full Version : bmi final interview

M13
20th Mar 2001, 17:06
I got the letter today letting me know that my interview is on Monday 21st May. When have everyone else got there interviews?

For anyone that has been through the process before how long after the interview do bmi take to let you know the results. This is Very Crutial to me because if I am unsuccessful I have confirm another commitement 3 weeks after my interview.

Also for those now at OATS on the bmi training course: how do you expect your career to evolve over the next 5 years (ie. what aircraft, fokker??, and what base??) and how much do you expect to earn :)?

As much info as possible needed.

M13 :) :) :)

M13
20th Mar 2001, 17:51
Thanks Cuban - Check your e-mail

Mister Geezer
20th Mar 2001, 21:04
On the subject of aircraft. I heard that in the not too distant future, cadets will start on BM Commuter then up grade to BM Mainline.

So I would guess, future cadets will start on the Embraer or the Fokker.

MG

------------------
Don't land in a field or the sheep will eat the aircraft.

AssumeCrashPositions
20th Mar 2001, 22:25
I was under the impression that bmi did type ratings at Oxford as well (I may be wrong though) and that was done on the 737 sim.

And anyone at Oxford who can offer any advice on the bmi interview can expect a pint when I get there.

Cheers,

Andrew

AffirmBrest
21st Mar 2001, 13:07
You are wrong.

------------------
...proceeding below Decision Height with CAUTION...

M13
21st Mar 2001, 15:12
Thanks guys for the posts and e-mails,

Interesting about BMC and bmi.

For those at OATS now on the last bmi course how did your contract read regarding fleets/BMC/progression through the company?
How much do you have to pay back and over what time scale? And how much does this leave you with, considering you have to pay back a £15,000 loan as well.

Thanks, M13 :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

fast cruiser
21st Mar 2001, 17:28
hi guys

I would be suprised if new cadets from OATS
transfer onto the fokker fleet as it is due
to go from november onwards, It had been mentioned in the crew room that cadets may
go onto the EMB 145 though.

and by the way the fokker fleet is mainline
not BMC!!!

CHEERS

travelkev
22nd Mar 2001, 07:11
M13

I have my final BMI interview on 14th May and so am interested in any info you've managed to collect on the process itself and early career development with the company.

Much appreciated.

K

------------------

Mister Geezer
22nd Mar 2001, 15:45
It looks as if we are all getting different info! :)

I am not with the company however I have heard from those who are, that the Fokkers are to be moved from Mainline to BMC in the near future.

Sorry for any confusion

MG

------------------

Speedbird 2946
22nd Mar 2001, 20:47
If someone could e-mail me with the address for bmi's pilot recruitment office in London I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers,

SB

why bmi
23rd Mar 2001, 03:18
with a handle including 'speedbird', do you think you might be barking up the wrong tree!

Speedbird 2946
23rd Mar 2001, 14:32
Ummm.. nope, this is only a flight number I was a pssenger on. I couldn't think of anything better to register as... so anybody willing to e-mail me with the bmi address?? I'd really appreciate it!

why bmi- would you help a fellow wannabe if I regsitered as BD31 and then came back?

Mister Geezer
23rd Mar 2001, 15:43
Speedy

Why not phone BMI at LHR and find out straight from the 'horse's mouth' so to speak. I am sure 'Directory Enquires' would give you their number for LHR and ask to be put through to recruitment. I think they are located in the 'Queens Building', however don't quote me on that!

MG

------------------

why bmi
23rd Mar 2001, 15:54
Phoning now before the advert goes out in Flight at the end of the summer is futile, but i'll e-mail the address to you anyway.

HazardWarning
23rd Mar 2001, 18:48
In a talk that took place recently it was stated by Richard Hill, look it up if you don't know who he is, that the Fokkers and the Saabs do not make any money, and are therefore being sold / decomissioned asap. The BMC fleet will be made up of ERJ 135's and 145's.

At present there are no plans to put the cadets through BMC before mainline. If you think about it it does not make sense for bmi to do it.

There are several reasons why the subject was talked about in the crew room as stated although it is not really my business to say why, or yo disagree with Fast Crusier who i dare say is a bmi cadet at EGTK

[This message has been edited by HazardWarning (edited 23 March 2001).]

Speedbird 2946
23rd Mar 2001, 20:14
Thank you why bmi, that's what I needed. I am not stupid and know not to write/phone before the ad appears. Anyway, that's not why I need it.

Mister Geezer, I do believe we have a mutual PPRuNer friend.. Lady Heath yes..no..? Is it you who begins at OATS on AP210? If so drop me a line!

Cheers,

SB :)

Mister Geezer
23rd Mar 2001, 21:47
The debate continues....

The info that I posted earlier is what is being heard on the grapevine so to speak from people at BMC! Obviously the gossip between Mainline and BMC is differing somewhat!!!!! :)

BAW 2946 - We have communicated earlier. However e-mail on it's way!

MG

------------------

M13
27th Mar 2001, 15:05
Thanks for all that,

So it's most likely A320/321s or B737's out of Heathrow for the Cadets. That sounds good to me.

Any current cadets got and information about the ammount they have to pay back to bmi over the first five years to cover the cost of training? What salary does this leave you with? Any more information would be greatly apreciated.

THANKS M13. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

PS. I had final board BA with lady heath on her successfull application. Well done!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

AH64 APACHE
30th Mar 2001, 01:15
M13,

You couldn't share what Cuban told you on the e-mail could you? I think most of us would like to know how soon after the interviews we hear.

Anyone know what the medical is like and whether they take more for the medical than there are places like another reputable firm?

Anyone know a good place to stay near the HQ?

Cheers

HazardWarning
30th Mar 2001, 14:48
You are likely yo have to wait a long time foe the result - maybe even over a month apparently.

The medical is slightly harder than a class one as the company is checking that you will be able to work for them for the five year bond not just until the medical is next renewed.

As for their numbers policy i don't know, but i don't think there is the same policy as you speak of.