PDA

View Full Version : Congo-Pointe Noire

daifei
14th Nov 2002, 08:49
Hi,

I had an offer to work in Pointe Noire, not an aviation job. I heard there is a club there, has anyone got any info regarding the price, security, valid PPL (ICAO Ok?), fleet or contact number?

Thank you for your help:)

JJflyer
16th Nov 2002, 11:16
Pointe Noire, How I miss that bustling metropolis NOT.

There is a flying club on the field. Last I had a beer there they had a beat up Ralley as the sole club aircraft. There are plenty of ultra(micro)lights, but these are privately owned and not available for hire. There is a Beech Baron at the field, well occasionally and this had been used for training as well as charters by it´s owner.

As for the club, I was not all that impressed as it did not really have resources nor aircraft to provide a good product. Not worth the membership. There is no comparison between flying club in Libreville, Gabon and that of PNR.

Best thing about PNR is the beach. It is quite clean and heading south you can walk for miles without seeing a single person.

Club Petrolier, Plage sportive and La Pyramid at the beach are good spots to hang out. La Citronelle in the city for snacks and European type pastries. A couple of good Chinese restaurants. And thats it.

Have any other job offers??? I´d give them a consideration as well:p

south coast
17th Nov 2002, 06:33
i was in pointe noire 10 days ago...and it is horrible! if you are going there it has to be for lots of money!
if you are looking to do training there, i would think again.

daifei
19th Nov 2002, 00:13
Thank you guys for your time and your replies;)