PDA

View Full Version : Fs 2002

aerodeano
14th Nov 2002, 07:46
I'm running Windows XP and I'm having a problem installing FS 2002. It gets to 5% and stops saying "It's encountered an error, Can't install file usenglishbig.gvp, Make sure your hard drive is not full" or words to that effect. There is 23Gb of free space on the hard drive so that's not a problem. I'm not so good with computers so any advice would be very much appreciated.

flybhx
14th Nov 2002, 08:25
I had a similar problem with it. My problem was caused by not switching off the virus scanner whilst installing. Give it a try if you have a scanner running.

aerodeano
15th Nov 2002, 22:32
No joy with that. I've just freshly installed Windows XP and the first piece of software was FS2002. Still have the same problem.
Anybody with any ideas!!!

150Driver
18th Nov 2002, 12:29
Is the CDROM clean ? If you can't copy the files manually, the installation program won't be able to either. The error sounds like a generic 'file copy failed' error, which could be attributable to the above.

waco
18th Nov 2002, 12:35
Sad to say, I'm a bit o a flight sim nut. I bought a new computer with XP and had nothing but problem after problem with fs 2002. In the end I ditched XP and now run windows 2000 pro. Result, a fully running fs 2002 and happiness.

Captain Over
18th Nov 2002, 17:45
Have FS2002 fully installed onto our system that had a clean XP Home Edition on it and (so far) it runs like a charm. (P-IV @ 2 GB, 512 megs RAM.)

Sorry to hear XP and FS2002 has compatability issues with some users. Our XP was a Toshiba "tweaked" pre-installed version. I wonder if that made a difference? Anyway it works well.

I did experienced one "lockup" with it though...I installed the A320 Professional add-on (WOW! Check it out!) and while running the "tutorial flight" to the Canaries, just as I had it levelling-off at FL330, I created an "emergency diversion" for the "fun" of it (actually the wife said dinner was about to be served!). Anyway I entered a new destination just like in the real MCDU but just as I was to intercept finals it pooched and I had to re-boot. I wrote it off as me exceeding the limits of what the designers of the A320 program wrote into it, that's all.

aerodeano
20th Nov 2002, 10:51
Thank you everyone who replied. problem is solved. It turned out to be a scratch on the disc. Sent away for some replacements.
Problem sorted