PDA

View Full Version : Used ATLP Books?

n_sabardin
13th Nov 2002, 19:09
I am interested in studying at home for the ATPL (A) written. Anyone knows a place where I could buy some second hand books and CD-roms to study for it? (may be from Bristol School?)
Thanks
Nick

gus_honeybun
14th Nov 2002, 15:12
Nick.

Unfortunatly, it's not as simple as just getting the books and doing self study.
For your ATPL's you need to do 650 hours study through an approved school either fulltime or distance learning. This will cost about £1700+ for the full 14 subjects. Oh, and each subject cost £50 to sit, and £50 to resit if you arse it up.
If you want to buy some notes for the ATPL's for the sheer hell of it, Jeppeson/Oxford produce a full set of notes on the syllabus, available from all pilot shops.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the JAA. :rolleyes:

n_sabardin
14th Nov 2002, 15:57
Thank you for your response Augustus. I should anot have to compky with the 650 hrs of formal classroom course as I am doing a FAA ATPL comversion tha twaves this requirement. So I pretty much can study at home. Those 'notes' that you are refering to, are they the full classsroom support materials or just some complementary notes to use in conjunction with official books?
Thanks,
Nick