PDA

View Full Version : Virgin tech exam

Chilli Ray
13th Nov 2002, 18:48
Can anyone who has recently been through Virgin Atlantic interview please post what one can expect. is the technical exam type specific or general? What format does the day/exams take?

Please, for all you disillussioned Virgin pilots can you stick to my questions, I am more disillussioned at having been unemployed for over a year than you are. Thankyou.

gonadz
14th Nov 2002, 11:45
Over six years now since I did the tech exam but...

Out of seven of us being interviewed on the day, six ended up in the company. We all pooled our knowledge during the exam (it was not being monitored) so ended up with identical answers.... except one chap who clearly had a greater level of knowledge and did his own thing. He may have achieved a higher exam mark but I know he does not work at Virgin.

Just possible that the exam is a cover to find out who the team players are?;)

Good luck with the selection process:D :D :D

Tags
15th Nov 2002, 23:17
I don't recall it being too taxing.

5 years ago I was in a group of 7 to be interviewed. The tech quiz was a joint exercise. Reckon it was to pad out the time whilst awaiting your turn to be interviewed.

Smokie
17th Nov 2002, 20:06
So what sort of questions do they ask at the interview then, tech, general, company orientated...... ?

Digitalis
18th Nov 2002, 22:01
Yep. Usual stuff.

GeeGee
6th Dec 2002, 01:35
Just did the interview day a few weeks ago and found it a very relaxing affair. Tech questionaire done as a bit of a time filler. General Jet/airline questions but all completed as a group. Spatial orientation test and pyschometric and a relaxed, personal interview with very few technical questions. Nice lunch too with opportunity to chat with the DFO. Got offered the job.