PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 777-300ER rollout ceremony, live on internet

Justforkix
13th Nov 2002, 14:04
The broadcast from Boeing's final assembly factory in Everett will be available for viewing on the Internet beginning at 3 p.m. (PST), Nov. 14, 2002, at

Live feed link (http://www.boeing.com/commercial/777family/rollout/)

Lu Zuckerman
13th Nov 2002, 19:53
It is a good thing that the Roll in of the first A-310 (yes, Roll in) was not well publicized as it would cause extreme embarrassment to Airbus Industrie.

The first A-310 was decorated in Lufthansa colors on one side and Swiss Air on the other. The aircraft was parked outside of the assembly building and was to be rolled in at a certain point in the ceremonies.

It was raining quite hard and the aircraft surfaces were covered with a film of water. As the ceremonies progressed all of the Lufthansa and Swiss Air dignitaries as well as those from GE and P&W were seated facing away from the hangar doors. I was watching from behind the refreshment tables looking toward the hangar doors. The doors opened and the aircraft was towed in and when the wings partially covered the seated individuals the aircraft stopped. When the aircraft was stopped the laws of physics took over and hundreds of gallons of water poured down onto the seated executives.

:cool:

Touch'n'oops
17th Nov 2002, 09:30
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!:D :D :D

Tinstaafl
17th Nov 2002, 13:12
Oh christ I laughed!:D :D

Lu Zuckerman
18th Nov 2002, 13:32
One point I forgot to make was that the “Roll-In” of the A-310 was anti climactic. The whole purpose of a Rollout or Roll-in is to present an aircraft for the very first time building up the expectations of the observer. In the Case of the A-310 it was sitting in full view as the executives and dignitaries drove up to the building.

mustafagander
19th Nov 2002, 01:55
You can't say that God has no sense of humour!! :D

ROTFLMAO just thinking about all the expensive suits getting a good wash.

Now, really - you can tell us!! - was a Boeing man nearby??? ;)

Lu Zuckerman
19th Nov 2002, 03:34
To: Mustafa

I’m sure that Boeing was made aware of the “deluge”. My son was a senior production coordinator on the 767 and 747 production line at the time. I told him and I’m sure he passed the word.

:cool:

mustafagander
19th Nov 2002, 08:42
LZ,
What I was wondering, was there a Beoing man as, maybe, the tug driver. After all, the tug driver or towing crew ought to have realised what was about to happen when they towed a very wet a/c into the gathering yet they went ahead anyway!!!

Lu Zuckerman
19th Nov 2002, 14:40
To: Mustafa

What I was wondering, was there a Boeing man as, maybe, the tug driver? After all, the tug driver or towing crew ought to have realised what was about to happen when they towed a very wet a/c into the gathering yet they went ahead anyway!!!

Since the Airbus program is multi national consisting of French, German, English, Spanish and Belgian I can only assume one of several things:

1) The tow truck driver was German and he was only following orders.

2) The tow truck driver was French and he didn't give a damn about the other people because he was wearing full rain gear.

3) The tow truck driver was English and he knew full well what was about to happen but in true Monte Python fashion wanted to see how the people under the wings would react.

Shall I go on?

mustafagander
20th Nov 2002, 01:49
LZ :D